Players aren't very clever or have no ambition?

I've been playing FM for years and i've always liked having 2 players for every position if possible. When i'm a big club i'll do my best to have 2 very good players in each position. I'll usually have a 'League team' and a 'europe/cup team'. When i do this, i hardly ever play any members of my 'league team' in my european matches. The unrealistic thing is though the players never ever complaint. I don't even know if its possible for a player in the game to complaint about this. I've done this for many years now and although it benefits me, it means that say for example i have 2 world class strikers, and 2 good standards strikers, if i mix them up so i play 'world class striker 1' and 'good standard striker 1' in the league each week, with the other 2 strikers playing all of the Champions League matches, the first two strikers never complaint. When i sign players they might state europe as an attraction for signing for me, but i might never actually play them in my european team all season. Although changing this in the game would make it harder to keep players happy, i think it should be looked at because its one part of the game that is unrealistic. Top players want to play every match, they aren't usually happy sitting out of all of the Champions League matches. Especially if they played a part in getting the club there.

Archived