Anyone seen a higher release clause?

robinhoph5.jpg

robinhoph5.ce43411129.jpg

I have never seen a release clause this high I didn't even think you could have one at that much, this is in UK pound sterling. Thats a hideous amount. Anyone had a reease clause this high or higher before?

That's one insane release clause.. the biggest I've seen was 200m for Silva, of course I was the one who set that <_<

Edit: I noticed his contract is expiring, so basically you could get him for free even with that insane release clause :p

Guest roberto922

I'm pretty sure every player in Spain gets a release fee based on their contract, I'm not too sure how it works though so don't quote me on that

Guest LENCHv2
Definitely too high. Most I've seen in any FM game is about 180-200 million.

yeah, Im pretty sure Sergio Ramos' default release clause is around £223m, thats the highest ive seen

On a side note, well two actually...

Why can the AI set ridiculously high release clauses yet we are limited to 200M?

And why are we limited to a transfer fee of 100M when release fees can be higher than that? Say, you want a player that has a release fee of 125M (and you have the cash to blow) you can't buy him out as you're limited to 100M. (btw, using 100M up front plus 25M after 24 months doesn't work).

Hope I didn't hijack the thread.

• 2 weeks later...
You can buy players that have high release clauses Fe98, but once the clause is activated, the selling club must accept.

how do you make an offer of over 100M (if the release clause is 125M, for example)?

how do you make an offer of over 100M (if the release clause is 125M, for example)?

I would say that in the offer screen, your assistant will tell you he has a minimum release clause of £125,000,000 and you should be able to click on that to set the correct value.

On the Legends' database, the legends playing in Spain have release clauses of 650M+. I looked at them in the hope they'd be low and I could get them on the cheap, but was shocked at the massive clauses they had.

Archived