What do you love/hate the most from FM08?

LOVE - Awesome DB and winning a trophy when no one (including myself) expected it.

HATE - Confidence system, transfer system, not feeling like part of the footballing world and the media.

love - match engine... i love the way that the game suprises me from time to time.... ive been playing fm for a long time , and few days ago i saw a yellow card for simulating a penalty for the first time... or the thing i read about getting a son in the game... great

hate - you cant buy an average player for les then 20 m after a few seasons , all those same media questions , not feeling the difference in atmosphere between chapmions league match and second league match , there just has to be some drama...

then when years are passing by , and real players are retiring , new (imaginary) players are just not of the same quality...

how the game gets to easy after few years ( i cant say this for sure because i allways take better club after few years , but really , playing with real m ? you cant lose anything.... ever... )

2m2za12.jpg

I hate the AI transfer sistem after a few years... Roma bought Gael Clichy for E52.000.000 who is, lets face it, just an average left back.

Also hate the fact that I just won 8-0 at home against Barcelona (me being Real) in CL quarter finals... Just unreal...

Love : Huge Database - Fantastic work and number of players, clubs and information.

Hate : Transfer System - Too unrealistic and inflated.

love finding a young player from random places then making them one of the worlds best

hate the fact that you, as a manager, have to ask the board to expand the stadium/youth facilities/training facilities when in real life how many managers do that, its the board that do it

love:winning in the last minute of the game, coach reports, wonderkids.

Hate: the amount of disallowed goals for fouls and offsides at crucial times during games!

Hate : The media system, the regen quality, team talks, match engine, transfer system, default skin, confidence system, international management ... In fact I wonder why I play it at all tbh.

Here is my two cases in point.

1) If I didn't look, I wouldn't know who has won what. Upper Mboto could win the world cup and nobody would mention it. Yet when I win the World Cup with Upper Mboto, not a mention, not a media question, nada. I get asked more about a trainee who was with the club for a fortnight ten years ago, than winning the world cup.

2) I had a striker who banged in 72 (!) goals in a season. Not only did nobody apart from myself and the player himself notice this, but NOBODY came in for a bid. Not one team so much as hinted that they might be interested in the most lethal striker the game has ever seen* Huh!? Think how much media coverage even average strikers get (and diving wingers who can score a few). Even fat old Ronaldinho gets mentioned in dispatches.

It's like every team exists in a vacuum in the FM world. Sigh.

VB

* obviously by the game I mean my save game, I know others have done better.

Guest sav112

"Love - The 'corner cheat'.

Hate - Being reminded that my entire season is a complete lie when my center back is handed the golden boot."

I left the game because of such things, it got to the stage it was not about picking a balanced team or improving the talent it was all about blooming having settings that beat the Ai….

Certainly not interested just now, as it had no sole of the old game…It got sadly predictable by the end in our Clan game.

Teams magically scored three in the last fifteen Minutes if you did not have the settings right and I mean settings not tactics of the old days…

May this game return to football and move away from a million settings…

Archived