Don't you hate it when....

You're losing, it's the last ten minutes, and you set your attack level to all out attack-you expect the next ten minutes of key highlights to feature your strikers bombarding the opposition goal, and hopefully scoring.

But the following two things usually happen.

1. The key highlights seem to feature the opposition team attacking 95% of the time

2. There are no key highlights whatsoever, and it whizzes from 80 to 90 minutes in no time flat.

Best advice i can give you is to watch the match, even if you only watch the extended highlights.

You need to understand why you are not attacking with the ball to generate any "key" highlights.

My initial suggestion would be to also increase your closing down to "all over the pitch". I have seen several instances where the opposition gets ahead and goes ultra defensive, they then happily knock the ball around in their half for long periods. unless I increase my closing down, my players don't press them and allow the opposition to run the clock down.

You should also look at the tempo and passing style when you increase the mentality.

While you go all out attacking, the opposition will do the opposite - ultra defense. So, really you can not expect to dominate the game. The best thing is to attack earlier. I change to attacking at 70th minute and my midfielders and strikers have high closing down. It helps a lot.

Does my head in when you're winning and for the last ten minutes, set your team to defensive, long ball, closing down etc.

And the opposition score :(

EDIT: Also, liking the new forums. Yay for editing.

Boo for ridiculous status criteria, still (e.g. every 1000 posts).

Archived