Opposition 2 shots 2 goals

This has happened now in the last two games while I've had 10/11 in each games also resulting in two goals. Before anyone says tactics a bit of background. The leagues have been reordered so the sides are where they were in 1961. I wasn't sure where to put Wigan so I stuck them in the Conference. I thought it'd be a bit of fun to manage them for a couple of years before moving on.

Is anyone seriously going to suggest that Conf level strikers would score every time from a shot on target compared to Prem division strikers who need five/six shots to score ?

Yes, it happens. Not sure what the point of these threads are any more. Pretty much established that it IS tactical within the game, but yes it's unrealistic in terms of real life. Unfortunately this isn't real life and gamers have to accept that.

The AI changes tactics to try and win the game but the match engine does not know which is the human and which is the AI team, so if the hint here is that the game "cheats", sorry that's not the case. I'm up to 2017 in an unedited game and cannot remember the last time I had a game like this. Perhaps 7 or 8 game-years ago? Reason being that I can see when this is happening. Usually around half-time I realise it and change my tactics very slightly - or sometimes wait until 60 mins.

(another possibility)

Did the AI team go 4-2-4 toward the end? It's quite frequently the case that human managers dominate games and the AI team becomes "superhuman" toward the end. There are two ways to counter this tactic: 1) find an ultra defensive tactic that works (search the forums - there are plenty) or 2) find the 4-2-4 tactic in the tactics folder and delete it.

Despite the fact I've won 9 consecutive title with Spurs 5 consecutive ECCs, this happens very often playing as Spurs or Oxford in BSP.

I do not have an anti 424, not that this was mentioned, and I do not have a problem apart from totally unrealistic 'Superhuman' A1 team.

Having just played a season with London Utd a team made up of players that would not make Spurs 1st team first season, same tactics, London Utd finished 2nd (lost it on goal diff) Spurs finished way off in 4th. Difference between sides London Utd have maximum reputation (part of challenge so not cheating).

There is a disconnect between results and chances made by tactics the AI usually requiring very few. You can turn tables by being very defensive and last game last night played 424 for 90mins against Man U and won 3-2.

Agree with Backpant ant - accept its part of game and just go by results.

Point of post - its frustrating and detracts from a good game and needs to be rebiased to give a better all round experience.

If your manager ability is 100CA out of 200PA then perhaps your expensive striker can only use 50% of finishing attribute, not a cheat but would cause your striker to miss by a mile. By 2017 you CA may be 200 so no issue, in fact I won everthing by a country mile but gave up because Bale was getting on a bit.

This has happened now in the last two games while I've had 10/11 in each games also resulting in two goals.

That's not exactly a staggering weight of evidence! To be statistically representative you need of the order of thousands of examples.

Anomalous things happen all the time (different anomalous things obviously otherwise they wouldn't be anomalous!). In my current game in the Scottish league my Hibernian side have considerably lower possession almost every single game, whatever the quality of opposition - it's annoying and probably down to my tactics although I'm not playing any kind of outlandish tactics and my players are not that bad at passing! That said, a majority of the time we turn our lower possession into goals and get a win or draw so no doubt the AI could whinge and moan about that being unfair

well, shots can either lead to a goal or not a goal, two different outcomes. So therefore its not so hard to imagine a shot leading to a goal, and two leading to two :)

Not trying to be smug but yeah if you think about it that way you feel better.

Archived