Season tickets.

Do the number of season tickets sold depend on previous year position finished, signings, goals or does the game just picks a random number and it is the same or similar every year?

For example Panathinaikos sold 8,000 to 10,000 season tickets per year for the past 2-3 years. Now that the ownership changed players like Gilberto signed, also one of the most gifted young Greek players signed. On top of that another big name European striker is been promised to sign for the club so season tickets skyrocketed and the goal is 40,000 this year, 15,000 sold so far.

Can that happen in FM2008?

I think it probably is affected most by the clubs reputation which is obviously going to increase the higher you finish, I doubt the amount of goals you score or a high reputaion signing will change the number significantly if at all to be honest.

For example when people take clubs from the BSN/BSS to the Premiership they're not still only selling 100 season tickets every year.

Dont really know how the system works. For example in my latest save i took over as the manutd manager in 2014 and won the league three times in a row and while for the first two seasons, the season tickets jumped from around 63000 to 78000 (a 100000 capacity stadium), last season it had fallen to around 72000 and this season it is down once again to 68000 (even though i made a couple of "world class" signings:()

Some Season ticket numbers are way too high... In Germany no club sells over 40.000 tickets - not because they can't, but because they won't - they want enough tickets to be available for single matches so people who can't afford season tickets can see a match or two in a season. In FM, when I started with Bayern, I sold over 50.000 season tickets - way too much.

I guess the engine picks random numbers depending on the club reputation no matter what the signings are, or if the team is playing in European cups or not etc. I wish SI would spend a littlebit more time on issues like this. Small things that would make the game so much better and more attractive.

Archived