Playing a season in 1 day...

Well for me, The pre-season takes up most of the time. Setting up training, Tacitcs transfers , staff etc etc,. After that, I kind of just pace through it. Usually takes me about 8-10 hours to complete a season, but I rarely sit there for 8-10 hours a stint and actually complete one.

Of the whole game, I find the match itself the most boring. I scout the next match and adjust tactics slightly according to scout information. I set the match speed to maximum, hit play and in the last 15min of a match I alter the tactics to maintain the lead or gain a lead.

What I like most is setting up tactics, do a lot of side stuff (exploring/scouting players), monitoring training progression etc. I usually end a season in ~16 hours and I fully enjoy the game.

You can holiday between games and still answer most of the urgent questions.

Also, have your ass man take charge of friendlies in pre-season.

I tend to slow down around January if I need to make a lot of changes, but other than that it would probably take from 8AM to 8PM for me to get through a season (with a couple of breaks for sustinence, but that's easy to forget). Haven't had time to do that for a while though. If I won the lottery I'd weigh about 20 stone within a year but would be the best FM player in the world!

Ive played a season in one day, but it was basically getting up early and playing right through the day and night up until early horus of the next morning..i dont recommend it, once you get off you feel very zombie like, and also you lose the enjoyment factor of returning to the game and being fresh.

Haven't managed a season in a day since CM 01/02, the best that I've managed on FM is a season in weekend for Gundo's challenge.

The mrs was out at a work thing on the Saturday and was recovering from it on the Sunday which just freed up my entire weekend to play.

The only drawback from it was that I couldn't get into the next season and that took best part of a week to play.

I spend a long long time pre season scouting, wheeling and dealing in the transfer market and generally preparing for the season, then i just want to get round to january to do some more weealing and dealing and then want to rush to post season. I just like buying and selling as it is the closest thing to interesting finance matters you can get :)

I have never been able to do so nor would want to. I spend anywhere between 4 to 6 hours just going through preseason every year.

And then a match with extended highlights takes nearly 15 minutes. Let's assume you are a club which does well in the EPL, LC, FA and CL, that would mean playing close to 60 games, that's already over 900 minutes in your day. And that does not include the transfer season which usually means slower processing time for the PC no matter how powerful... I have been playing my current game for near enough 5 full days real time according to the FM08 clock and am only in November of 2011.

I just waste so much time while playing fm, like ill be on the internet looking at random things, including this board.

But in the summer holidays ill probably try a season in a day, when there is nobody decent thats gunna come out.

But then if i lose a few games in a row i get bored, then save and quit.

I can do it easily. If I have the entire day to myself, I can bomb through, did it yesterday in fact. Thing is I play the matches mostly on commentry only which is much faster than watching the highlights, so thats probably why I get so much done. Plus, [boast] I have a Quad Core system with 4GB of RAM[/boast] :D

Playing a season in a day is so sad and must take the enjoyment out of the game,I mean sitting there like a zombie and not really doing anything. Slow down lads and enjoy the game more and watch the highlights,after all they are the highlight of the game

:-)

Archived