if i play my second string...

When in the league cup or UEFA cup etc if they lose will it impact on my main players. For example when im in the league cup against poor oppositione say championship (im prem) i generally look at my fist team squad and filter by appearences. If i get beat does my normal first eleven take a confidence hit, the bopard do not like it but they dont like much.

i went out in the 3rd round of both league and fa cups, admitedly to chelsea annd liverpool respectivly, but i played my '2nd strin' just to give them a run out. I did the same in the last 16 of the uefa cup. i was 3-0 up after the home leg and then decided although at a risk to rest some first choice players so played my second string. They went 2-0 up and i thought, great but then lost 3-2 (i still qualified 5-3). Onmly problem is this no doubt wopuld have made their ocnfidence suffer just over one game, but will it adversley affect my 1st stringm, im chasing CL footie next year, an am in 5th, which is whyb i rested some players.

If ive nowknocked there confidence was it worth it???

ARGH what have i done???

im syure i could have asked this question in a much shortened way.

If the players have the right attitude and you give the right team talk then i doubt they should lose much confidence but i'm not sure.

I usually play a second string team against lower division teams as well but mainly to give my first team players a break rather than keeping confidence up.

Archived