Suggestion: I'm looking for a [position].

Now we've all seen the message, United are currently looking for a left midfielder, Arsenal are currently looking for a goalkeeper and a defensive midfielder, etc.

Why not give us the ability to let the world know we currently need a [position]? It could make clubs think about offering players in that position in exchange deals, upset or motivate our current players, fuel speculation and lead to more players in that position being offered to you, both by scouts and clubs?

Interesting.

Maybe if you send out a scout to look for a player in that position, the press could sometimes find out and that would do any or all of the above effects.

That's another good idea. Perhaps have multiple routes tot he announcement itself, sometimes media speculation based on offers you make and players your scouts look for, sometimes announced by you, etc.

That's another good idea. Perhaps have multiple routes tot he announcement itself, sometimes media speculation based on offers you make and players your scouts look for, sometimes announced by you, etc.

A good shout, better than just saying "i want a striker", i mean it'd be far more interesting to have your bidding patterns noted by the media and to have a piece questioning you about the sort of player you're after.

I'd get annoyed by constantly being told my 'keeper with fantastic attributes isn't good enough and I should replace him with Stuart Taylor. Still a good idea.

Yeah. I sent my scout out looking for a striker - comes back with a few options, one of which he says i should sign whatever the cost, yet he also says he'd be my 5th best striker!

Yeah. I sent my scout out looking for a striker - comes back with a few options, one of which he says i should sign whatever the cost, yet he also says he'd be my 5th best striker!

Off topic, but I guess they may have great potential?

I mean when Arsenal signed Cesc he was a "must sign", but at the same time would be lucky to be 7th best midfielder...

Good idea.

This is how football works in our days , you tell the press that you are looking for a left midfielder and agents are proposing you players of skill you can use and price you can afford.

Also some teams use general manager , the coach asks for players needed ( lets say 1 central defender and 1 right back) and he finds and proposes 5-6 names for each position , then coach choses . Coach can also ask for a better player or a younger player in specific position.

Good idea.

This is how football works in our days , you tell the press that you are looking for a left midfielder and agents are proposing you players of skill you can use and price you can afford.

Shouldn't that be skill you can use OR price you can afford? ;)

I'm not suggesting it will be an always working "Okay here's our underpriced ML wonderkids" tool, more a way to skewer who you are offered.

When I see a computer team is looking for a striker and want their keeper, i'll offer a striker in the deal.

Archived