What is the problem that may arise with huge databases?

I've read a lot here and there that playing with a huge database, which is disabled by default, may cause problems (probably with newgens?) later on in the game.

Are these reports true and if so, how do they affect the game? I always play with a huge database and don't detect anything wrong, mind you I don't usually have games longer than say 6 seasons.

In a nutshell:

Basically the db size will drop dramatically. (exactly how much will depend on how many leagues you run)

e.g. All 92 English league teams producing 7 regens each after year 1 (644 regens ) will not be enough to make up for the thousand or so English players who retire after year 1.

That's just England, multiply that by other countries and you can see the problem.

Large DB isn't as bad because all the 30+ year old rubbish players who don't get signed and retire after season 1 don't get loaded into the game. They do get loaded into the game with Huge DB though.

Francis,

The opposite is actually true - as the the teams with inactive players get regens too. Based off my current game - 3 seasons in with English, Spanish, French, Scottish, Welsh, Both Irish, Portuguese, Italian, German & Dutch leagues loaded on large database, 38k players we're loaded at the start of the game; this has now grown to 41,618.

The only problem I'm aware of with Huge database is because of this growth of the player and staff database the game can get very slow with more than a couple of leagues loaded.

note: Only tried it on 07

1.Well, this will lead to many , many players with PA +180 ( many , many are not as many as i mean) so if you plant to sell anything with PA <160 just forget it .

2.The game becomes slower than death and it gets slower as the years pass , much slower , just think that playing 1 season with small db takes 3 times more time from playing with huge db

*the game is very slow as it is , all games that proccessing/saving/loading takes more than 2'' are slow.

• 2 weeks later...

OK thanks for the info - I was away in Germany so wasn't able to catch up on the latest posts.

I want to start a new game and now I'm not too sure whether I should go with what I normally go with... (huge)... The thing which puts me off the large database is that you have to send scouts to regions rather than individual countries.

OK thanks for the info - I was away in Germany so wasn't able to catch up on the latest posts.

I want to start a new game and now I'm not too sure whether I should go with what I normally go with... (huge)... The thing which puts me off the large database is that you have to send scouts to regions rather than individual countries.

I play on large and I'm able to send scouts to individual countries. I don't know why you can't . . .

Archived