How to know Player's potential ability with out third-parties

Before, I never used third parties to identify potential abilities of the players in the game but quite lately I found out that there is a software to help you know the PA.

And now I am quite addacting to using this software to enable me find the best youths that can develop and become next Zidane, Ronaldinho, Henry, Cannavaro... etc

I can not basically judge a player with out this software, added to that, my louzy coaches can not help me either (managing lower team).

So, I want to know how do you really know that this player is going to be big with out coach reports as well as third parties.

Cheers

The best way to tell (only using in-game stuff) is scouts and coach reports. They will list a potential section which will say something like "Has the potential to be a leading Premiership player".

However that is not only dependent on his PA but also his CA (as well as other factors such as how good the scout/coach is)

As said scout and coach reports should give you an idea of whether he has high PA or not. It's easy to get too addicted to scout reports though, you need to trust your judgement. They will occasionally think a player is way better than his performances suggest; there's other factors to consider, like, whether his stats are in the 'right places' eg (oversimplifying slightly) a striker without decent finishing is unlikely to amount to much.

You do have to use 3 party software to get some experience on what to look

1. High PA young players are always more expensive

-You have two 17 year old strikers , the 1st is valued 500.000 and the second 3.000.000 , why you think is that?

-In my current game a regen striker with PA 195 appeared in R.Madrid and he was valued 3.500.000e just after he signed his pre-contract.

2. Higher PA players have their stats improving faster most of the times

-Usually between season 2 and season 3 they will leave lower PA players behind in ability

3. Get an assistant with very good judgment , ask him for squad status and see future stars.

Get rid of all players in your B team or reserves and move all 17 year olds there .

coaches and scouts are crap , of course when at the time you get the young player your assistant telsl you "best of his generation" he will be good .

The best of all is to use mini scout or fmm

Scouts and coaches in real life are not infallible. Nor are players. Look at Wayne Rooney - if he discovered the wonders or granny sex earlier in life he may well have not realised his potential. If Joe Cole hadn't been nurtured in the right way he wouldn't be an England regular -- just two examples of kids breaking into the first team and staying there.

Miniscout and FMM are a bit of a cheat, but still do not guarantee a world-class player. It's just one of the ways in which FM08 does actually mirror real life -- you have to get it all right.

I've used miniscout at "peek" at a player's PA -- usually because they are outperforming all their team-mates in the U18s and I'm curious. Very rare I do that tho, as I don't feel it's in keeping with the game.

I've built a good team of mostly-regens in 2017, and did this by extensive scouting and taking chances and having a lot of lower-league feeder clubs to develop them at.

For those not wanting to "cheat", I use the following method at each "newgen window" (July for Europe, January Africa etc)

1) filter a search for all players 16 and under

2) filter to be based in the appropriate region

3) sort by value -- highest first

4) highlight the first chunk (say 20) and send your best scout to these (highest potential-judging)

5) highlight the second chunk and send the same scout to look at these also (he'll scout the first 20 first, I think).

6) over the next three-to-six months you'll get a lot of reports on these youngsters -- the ones playing the most football and with high stats already are the best ones in my experience.

It's not foolproof by any means -- I have let a few slip through the net or lost them to teams quicker than me -- but I've got a fair few beauties.

gut instinct.

i typed 'no club' into the FM search filter (top right of the screen) a week ago and looked through them all. i chose a 16 year old scottish keeper and a 15 year old polish left back.

both looked ok but not stunning.

as soon as i get them my ass man gives them 4 stars for potential. 1 year on and the keeper now has 6 stars for potential.

That's exactly the way I do it too. It does not guarantee you will get only gems, some will fall by the wayside but you do get some really good players. However, it is noteworthy to notice that most new players in the game will not have the same ability when they start as some of the hyped young stars such as Rooney, Aguero, SAviola (back in the days)... In fact they will need a lot of nurturing before they are ready for the big plunge.

In my current game, I have 2 defenders which could be amongst the best in their generation. I only play them sporadically, as I cannot afford to have them play in all games (not to let the cats among the pigeon). With european experience, as well as league and FA cup games, I noticed they actually tend to improve a lot rapidly (whether that's my imagination is another matter).

i got another scottish keeper through my youth team as a 16 year old. his PA is 180 so i've been sending him off on loan.

he played 35 league games for a league 1 team as a 17 year old

17 league games for a champinoship team as an 18 year old.

and played about 20 league games for me, liverpool in the prem.

he's still 2 months short of his 20trh.

Archived