The Apprentice: Football Manager Edition -- Sign-up Thread

The Interviews Process

Fabio Capello has won 9 Domestic Titles and one Champions League. Now, for the first time, he’s on the search for an apprentice.

The Idea

20 forumers replace the incumbent managers of the twenty Premiership teams. Week-by-week, Fabio Capello sets the two teams a task, which although is described in real-terms, equates to a Football Manager objective. After a set number of games (little point: add “Free 456” to the end of your sign-up post to show you have been reading), the two team’s totals are added up and the losing team is called into the boardroom. The Project Manager chooses two managers to join them in the boardroom, and one of them will get fired.

The Sign-up

I’m aiming to keep things simple, so instead of you choosing your attributes I’m just going to ask you to choose your CA and PA. Similar to the flop game-show Shafted, there are repercussions if you are selfish and try to set these too high. For those who don’t know, CA and PA are out of 200 and CA cannot be higher than PA. I’ll also want your name, day and month of birth (all managers will be born in 1977), and nationalities.

The Two Teams

All candidates will be separated into two teams, The Reds and The Blues. These teams will be seeded based on the team’s predicted positions, so you won’t have the Big Four in the same team. As the sign-up progresses, the teams will be re-arranged to try and preserve similar seedings.

The Project Managers

Once the sign-up is complete and teams and clubs are determined, you will all be assigned a random number, which will dictate the order of the Project Managers. After 10 weeks (There are 15 weeks including the final, but the final two weeks do not use Project Managers), or when a team runs out of Project Managers, the list will be re-done to recycle Project Managers.

Disclaimer:

As this is the first series, I cannot guarantee there will not be bumps along the way. In fact, I am certain there will be issues. I’ll try to minimise these but with the clubs being unequal tension is always likely to arise. Remember it is just a game (despite what Fabio says above) and to have fun. You can always participate again next series when I can be clearer on what should be done setting up the sign-up. If you’ve skimmed this post, make sure you read it again so you can be sure of the rules and that you provide all necessary information.

The Sign-up Form

Manager Name:

Date and Month of Birth:

First Nationality:

Second Nationality (if applicable):

Current Ability (/200):

Potential Ability (/200):

Manager Name: Gold Member

Date and Month of Birth: 28/10

First Nationality:Scottish

Current Ability (/200):150

Potential Ability (/200):200

1. Goldmember (Frazza Pee)

free 456

Guest mikeytwigge

Manager Name: mikey twigge

Date and Month of Birth: 23/07

First Nationality:english

Current Ability (/200):175

Potential Ability (/200):200

2.mikey twigge

Manager Name: Robert Boyle

Date and Month of Birth: 29/06

First Nationality: English

Second Nationality (if applicable): German

Current Ability (/200):150

Potential Ability (/200):280

2. Robert Boyle (Robert_296)

free 456

Manager Name: The Ideal Apprentice

Date and Month of Birth: 2/1

First Nationality: English

Second Nationality (if applicable): Northern Irish

Current Ability (/200): 85

Potential Ability (/200): 160

'Free 456'

Really great idea, I was thinking about doing an Apprentice-esque sign up a while ago, but couldn't think how to associate the two together. Hopefully this goes smoothly :thup:

Manager Name: James Knowles

Date and Month of Birth: 21/01

First Nationality: Scottish

Second Nationality (if applicable): ---

Current Ability (/200): 100

Potential Ability (/200): 150

"Free 456"

Infact; I'm going to withdraw I'm afraid. I don't that have much FM time as it is so I don't want to wasting your time. I'll maybe join in a future version but not this time around. I'll still be reading though.

Just to clarify, I'll be writing up the tasks, and then simulating the events and writing a report. The Project Manager of the losing team then has to choose two clubs to join them in the board room, and those three email me a brief argument as to why they shouldn't be fired. All losing team members are then required to vote for who they want fired (via email). All you have to do is read along and send as few as 0 or as many as 2 emails at report time. I should've said that at the start, but I was going to say it at the start of the actual main thread and not here.

Do you have a SEGA Pass uuzinjsh? I think you need a SEGA Pass matching your forums email address to become an official member. Although if that doesn't work, I'd suggest contacting the mods by using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page or emailing mods[at]sigames.com - same for you Mikel LUFC and radicell - although I remember Mikel from the old forums.

Archived