player development in 8.0.1

I recently finally uprgraded from the boxed version but decided only to go to 8.0.1 because i don't like to much of what i've heard about 8.0.2.

Yet as i've been playing it, i've noticed that player development occurs very slowly compared to the boxed version and i was wandering am i doing something wrong or is this something everyone else has experienced. i've 6-7* coaching and brought in the best coaches and set up training schedules with players with good pa's and whilst they develop, they dont seem to as quickly

Its just very slow but I thought it was slow in all patches? Im playing 8.0.1 and having trouble getting youngsters to progress quickly, its harsh when I've been playing FM07 for so long as players increased fast. Id like to know if it's any better in 8.0.2?

Yeah imo there was a BIG improvement made in newgens developing in 8.0.2 Neji. It's not quite as good as it was in FM07 but at least you get a few world class players around 20-23 years old. There's still a problem with physical attributes though :(

Definately worth an update if you're on 8.0.1. I couldn't get a long term game going with that patch because of the terrible quality of the regens. I'm now on my 10th season with 8.0.2 though :)

BUT the regen problem hasn't been completely fixed yet - I'm just hoping that they go back to the old system in FM09

Definately worth an update if you're on 8.0.1. I couldn't get a long term game going with that patch because of the terrible quality of the regens. I'm now on my 10th season with 8.0.2 though :)

BUT the regen problem hasn't been completely fixed yet - I'm just hoping that they go back to the old system in FM09

I don't. I hope they really sit down and truly improve the system, remaking it so to speak. Cause it's been pretty bad for a few years now...

Archived