FA plans potential experiement

There is alot of talk about the FA trying to get more English players playing in England instead of foreigners, their ideal would be to have 6 english players minimum starting in the starting 11 of each team with 5 foreigners at maximum by season 2012-2013. To reach this target they are wanting to implicate small raises in English players each year, hoping that because of these rules teams would work harder to produce great quality English players in the youth teams insteas of importing the best from abroad. They aim 5 english starters by 2011-2012, 4 english starters 2010-2011 and 3 by 2009-2010. I was curious as to whether it would be possible to make these rules on football manager, if so would someone please tell me how to exactly. I'm going to have a look on the editor now and see if i can try and do this. I think it would be great to see what would actually happen, would the AI ajust and the top clubs start going for the best english players and fill their youth teams up with english players or will they just turn up to games having to play a few of their reserves that happen to be english? I look forward to seeing your thoughts and if you have knowlege of how it could be done.

Dont know if you will have an answer for this but ill try anyway

Will foreign players with a second nationality of England count as an english player irl

geuss not to be honest, as realisticly the FA want the 6 vs 5 rule to apply for players eligable to play for England, so players with 2nd nationalities of England but whome are declared for another nation wouldn't be benefiting our nation if they counted as English.

There is alot of talk about the FA trying to get more English players playing in England instead of foreigners, their ideal would be to have 6 english players minimum starting in the starting 11 of each team with 5 foreigners at maximum by season 2012-2013. To reach this target they are wanting to implicate small raises in English players each year, hoping that because of these rules teams would work harder to produce great quality English players in the youth teams insteas of importing the best from abroad. They aim 5 english starters by 2011-2012, 4 english starters 2010-2011 and 3 by 2009-2010. I was curious as to whether it would be possible to make these rules on football manager, if so would someone please tell me how to exactly. I'm going to have a look on the editor now and see if i can try and do this. I think it would be great to see what would actually happen, would the AI ajust and the top clubs start going for the best english players and fill their youth teams up with english players or will they just turn up to games having to play a few of their reserves that happen to be english? I look forward to seeing your thoughts and if you have knowlege of how it could be done.

The only real possible way of doing this is to remove every country from the EU in the editor - meaning all the none english (or British?) players would need a work permit - though players who've been capped enough or have english second nationality would still be able to play in England, it would be more effective in countries like Spain and Italy that limit the amount of non-eu players you can have.

Archived