Controversy Level

I have a question to ask which is bugging me for quite some time. In the editor and on the Football Modifier, there is a mental attribute called "Controversy". If the value is set at 1, is this a positive value? If the value is at 20, is this negative which means that the player is very controversial? How does this affect the player's reaction when it comes to dealing with media comments, signing of new contract, etc? Does anyone know? Thanks!

yeah 1 would be ideal, as in aggression 10's the best i think, because 1 and he's a complete girls blouse and 20 he's head butting the ref. so its the same for a lot of them. its not always good to have 20.

Guest roberto922

So I've been doing it right putting Injury Proneness at 1? I think they should have a button you tick at the start (like the enable/disable attribute masking option) where you decide whether you want to be able to see the hidden attributes or not. I personally wouldn't use it but it would help newbies out.

1 would be good. Aggression isn't always a bad thing though, there are more stats which come into play which decides wether a player will headbutt a ref. Agression is good to have aslong as other stats match up.

well i think you can judge a player by simply looking at he's personality if he's ambitious than you know he will be nagging at your door every time he dislikes something

if he's a professional then you got a good player at your hand

Guest roberto922
I was thinking more Harry Kewell if your on about Injury proneness. McManaman only started to get injuries towards the end of his career.

Or my childhood hero Big Dunc lol :p

yeah 1 would be ideal, as in aggression 10's the best i think, because 1 and he's a complete girls blouse and 20 he's head butting the ref. so its the same for a lot of them. its not always good to have 20.

Well, even when I set the controversy level to 1 and I go on and praise other managers, the player in question (some of them at least) thinks that I should not be prasing other managers!

Also, is it good for the ambition level to be set at 1? If the player is too ambitious and you are managing a club with low reputation, the player would be looking for a move to a bigger club. Even if you are managing a club with huge reputation, they would be unhappy after some time (unless they have high levels of loyalty) and would like to have a fresh challenge. Am I right about this? Thanks for replying guys!

1 would be good. Aggression isn't always a bad thing though, there are more stats which come into play which decides wether a player will headbutt a ref. Agression is good to have aslong as other stats match up.

The ideal player would be aggression at 20 and dirtiness at 1! In that way, the player will be a rock with almost no yellow or red card problems! Tackling should be 20 as well!!!

The ideal player would be aggression at 20 and dirtiness at 1! In that way, the player will be a rock with almost no yellow or red card problems! Tackling should be 20 as well!!!

Yep. Sounds good to me ;)

Well, even when I set the controversy level to 1 and I go on and praise other managers, the player in question (some of them at least) thinks that I should not be prasing other managers!

Like most attributes, they are not just single things. With Controversy you would be worried about Sportsmanship, Loyalty etc. Its a combination of many things which determine what a player will do.

Yep. Sounds good to me ;)

Like most attributes, they are not just single things. With Controversy you would be worried about Sportsmanship, Loyalty etc. Its a combination of many things which determine what a player will do.

Well, just for the sake of experimenting, I set the players' attributes at 20 for ALL except controversy set at 1, Dirtiness set at 1 and injury set at 1, and ambition set at 1 or 20 (to see if there are any differences). When I praised other managers, different players reacted differently. Some players did not like it while there were no reaction to other players. I noticed that my older and higher reputation players USUALLY reacted negatively to this while the younger ones don't seem to care. Also, your relationship with the player also plays a part here as well. More detailed studies needs to be done here. I wonder why the players who had sportsmanship set at 20 also reacted negatively when I praised other managers. Could it be that they dislike them? Not too sure about this!

Hope someone you did a detailed study on this can explain this. Praising other managers constantly can be very beneficial if you are looking to establish an excellent relationship with them cos then you can buy their star players at very good prices (sometimes!) Just a food for thought here........

Also, is it good for the ambition level to be set at 1? If the player is too ambitious and you are managing a club with low reputation, the player would be looking for a move to a bigger club. Even if you are managing a club with huge reputation, they would be unhappy after some time (unless they have high levels of loyalty) and would like to have a fresh challenge. Am I right about this? Thanks for replying guys!

What should i set stats as to encourage a player to headbutt the ref?

Since im managing France and they are probably bored of headbutting oponments.

What should i set stats as to encourage a player to headbutt the ref?

Since im managing France and they are probably bored of headbutting oponments.

Well just set dirtiness to 20, sportsmanship to 1, aggression to 20 and controversy to 20!! Happened before?

Guest roberto922
Simply, the ideal stat for all attributes is 20 EXCEPT for dirtiness, injury proneness and controversy which is 1.

Yeah but they don't stay at 20 for some ridiculously annoying reason, it doesn't even use some module of common sense when choosing between two contradictory abilities, it often gives a striker that you've given 20 shooting a 12!:eek:

Simply, the ideal stat for all attributes is 20 EXCEPT for dirtiness, injury proneness and controversy which is 1.

But if you are managing a club with low reputation level, it is not ideal to set the ambition rating at 20 because the player will then want to move to a bigger club. Is ambition at 20 necessary a big thing? Personally, I don't see the point here. If a player has low ambition but his other attributes are high, he would still be a very very good player. Of course, he must have high levels of determination!

But if you are managing a club with low reputation level, it is not ideal to set the ambition rating at 20 because the player will then want to move to a bigger club. Is ambition at 20 necessary a big thing? Personally, I don't see the point here. If a player has low ambition but his other attributes are high, he would still be a very very good player. Of course, he must have high levels of determination!

Here you give him 20 ambition and 20 loyalty!

To other posters: if you try to alter indiv attributes the AI will default them to match the player's CA and reputation. If you want atts to stay at 20 you'll need to increase those too.

Archived