a new way of looking at football manager

Everyone always carps on about fm not being realistic and such and its really starting to bother me now..... I have come to see fm in a different light. FM08 is a simulation of the future of the world of football, so basically it is always predicting stuff that hasnt happened yet. So this refutes all the "problems" that the game has as it may be realistic as the future isnt set yet.

I'll explain:

1) "the regen problem" (where regens all come through as rubbish).... this could be explained as fm suggesting that in the future all players will be rubbish, and this cannot be disproven. So this cant really be called unrealistic as its fm's suggestion of what the future will be like.

2) the corner bug (where defenders challenging the goalie can score copious amounts of goals)... fm could be suggesting that in the future defenders will have training regimes to learn how to beat the goalie, and in future they may be unstopable at scoring goals. So this may not be a bug, as it "may" happen sometime in the future.

3) the fact the ai can score tons of goals against you with 4 strikers in the last ten minutes.... in the future the training may allow players to develop teamwork skills that allow them to destroy opposition team like this, because the future hasnt happened yet we dont know if this isnt realistic or not.

etc

Of course most people would say what ive just said is all rubbish (and in reality i dont belive a cent of it either) but i think its an interesting idea at least.

Yes i am an idiot :p

Nice excuses for glitches.

I dont see those glitches as all that bad.

Firstly the regens coming through for me arn't all that bad and I dont play till 2080 so I dont care.

Secondly I dont use the corner "cheat" so doesnt bother me.

Thirdly the AI dont score tons of goals in the last ten minutes cause I change my tatics to suit.

People that complain just cant adapt.

Everyone always carps on about fm not being realistic and such and its really starting to bother me now..... I have come to see fm in a different light. FM08 is a simulation of the future of the world of football, so basically it is always predicting stuff that hasnt happened yet. So this refutes all the "problems" that the game has as it may be realistic as the future isnt set yet.

I'll explain:

1) "the regen problem" (where regens all come through as rubbish).... this could be explained as fm suggesting that in the future all players will be rubbish, and this cannot be disproven. So this cant really be called unrealistic as its fm's suggestion of what the future will be like.

2) the corner bug (where defenders challenging the goalie can score copious amounts of goals)... fm could be suggesting that in the future defenders will have training regimes to learn how to beat the goalie, and in future they may be unstopable at scoring goals. So this may not be a bug, as it "may" happen sometime in the future.

3) the fact the ai can score tons of goals against you with 4 strikers in the last ten minutes.... in the future the training may allow players to develop teamwork skills that allow them to destroy opposition team like this, because the future hasnt happened yet we dont know if this isnt realistic or not.

etc

Of course most people would say what ive just said is all rubbish (and in reality i dont belive a cent of it either) but i think its an interesting idea at least.

Yes i am an idiot :p

You know as well as i do that what you just posted is bullsh*t.

Sorry but this thread is pointless, even you don't beleive those reasons! FM is not simulating the future, it is simulating football and how it is today. It may be played out in the future but that doesn't mean that FM is made making predictions. If so, inflation would be involved. If I got to 2100 the players would cost a ridiculous amount, in FM they cost the same as at the start.

Also, this excuse could be used to put aliens in the game but no one could complain because Fm would just be making a prediction! My example is a bit far fetched :D However, anyone who beleives that this could be the reason for bugs like the corner cheat is a little crazy themselves :)

I may be a fanboy.

I may let that cloud my judgement.

I may even justify some minor issues in the game's code.

However, that's absolutely ridiculous. It's not a new way of looking at it at all. All the issues listed are clearly accidental, mistakes, bugs.

And you can bet your bottom dollar that SI plan on making sure they are missing from the next game.

That said, goals sources take a lot of balancing, so we may have a similar bug next time round, and regen balancing is even harder. We've had extremes on that now, so hopefully that'll help them calibrate it.

Sorry but this thread is pointless, even you don't beleive those reasons! FM is not simulating the future, it is simulating football and how it is today. It may be played out in the future but that doesn't mean that FM is made making predictions. If so, inflation would be involved. If I got to 2100 the players would cost a ridiculous amount, in FM they cost the same as at the start.

Also, this excuse could be used to put aliens in the game but no one could complain because Fm would just be making a prediction! My example is a bit far fetched :D However, anyone who beleives that this could be the reason for bugs like the corner cheat is a little crazy themselves :)

Aliens? Ha ha why not?! Thats actually kinda the point i was making.... fm can be as bizzare as it likes, its allowed to be because we dont know whats going to happen in ten years time (having said that aliens are unlikely, but could happen :p ). Therefore no one has the right to whinge about the problems in the game because of this reason.

So basically i am saying that people should take the game as it is and enjoy it, it is afterall a game.

Archived