European midfielder of the year,weird ai miscalculation

its done on votes isnt it? so lucas could have just been more highly favoured by more people. Just like atm with the ballon d'or ronaldo may seem a shoe in but torres has also put in some great performances and scored the winner in the euros which puts him in high regard with the people voting for the award. HIs stats wont look as good on paper but he is still strongly in the running to win the award

Well, Lucas was a DM, meaning he didn't have to score goals and give assists, but he should make sure the opposition didn't score, getting back the ball and setting up the attack. The only thing remotely indicating wether he did that right over the season was his average rating. So he could have been a brilliant DM all season, but not with much easily visible stats to show for (you'd have to check his personal stats page and look at key passes, pass completion, tackles, etc.). So it's entirely possible.

It's weird though, but not wrong per se

• SI Staff

There are quite a few factors the game takes into account, reputation of the player being one of them and also it could be to do with the fact that Sneijder won it last year, depending on how the award is setup by the researchers it might reduce the chances slightly of winning consecutive awards.

As Neji said the best player doesn't always win in real life, look at how Thierry Henry was denied World Footballer of the Year :(

As Neji said the best player doesn't always win in real life, look at how Thierry Henry was denied World Footballer of the Year :(

Exactly the example I was thinking of when typing.

Yeah, I had Carlos Vela miss out on any prize with 44 goals and 12 assists in only 52 appearances. Beaten by about half the goals and same number of assists in more appearances. What can you do eh.

Also, if a players national team wins a major trophy in that particular year, they are very highly favoured to take out any awards.

Good points,thanks for the replies,i had some problems signing in so i didn't reply.Yep,the two things that may have affected things seem to be some good performances for the national team in the world cup,and also sneijder's been winning that award quite a lot,so if that also affects it,i can understand.:)

Archived