Firstly..apologies for making two topics so quickly!

Apparently players can't die in FM....but what happens if some addict got to 100 years in the future (2108)....would all the players still be alive? Would it just delete them from the database or would it say "Alex Ferguson, former manager, age 167"?

And would it urge you to retire? Or can you go on managing well into your hundreds if the need takes you?

It deletes them from the database in the form of their retirement. You can manage forever, but your savegame will eventually die based on the specs of your PC. In theory at something like 255 years old you'd become -255.

It deletes them from the database in the form of their retirement. You can manage forever, but your savegame will eventually die based on the specs of your PC. In theory at something like 255 years old you'd become -255.

What if your PC specs has only 256RAM with 9GB free Hard Disk space with a 1.7 duo core processor running 1 league, small data base? How far can one go in the game? I am currently on my 7th season. Can one last for 100 seasons?

What if your PC specs has only 256RAM with 9GB free Hard Disk space with a 1.7 duo core processor running 1 league, small data base? How far can one go in the game? I am currently on my 7th season. Can one last for 100 seasons?

Well why don't you try it and find out? :)

yeah, this issue as been raised before, the furthest ive ever seen it is 167. i started as an 80 year old and then just holidayed for 24 hours. i stopped then pressed continue and it took ages! could go more on a top end pc.

Firstly..apologies for making two topics so quickly!

Apparently players can't die in FM....but what happens if some addict got to 100 years in the future (2108)....would all the players still be alive? Would it just delete them from the database or would it say "Alex Ferguson, former manager, age 167"?

And would it urge you to retire? Or can you go on managing well into your hundreds if the need takes you?

Once a player retires, you can no longer find them in the game, and clicking on their name does nothing. So the history is deleted.

Archived