Things that always happen in your game..

When you get a new game, does there seem to be certain things that ALWAYS happen.

For example in mine....

Grays appoint some Turkish bloke called Cetin as manager, and start doing quite well. (They're in League 2 on my current game)

Cheltenham sign Stephen Brogan from Rotherham

Mutu joins either Man United or Arsenal.

Quaresma moves to England and wins the worst buy of the season award.

Giuseppe Rossi is sold to an Italian club for about £30M

Well lets see, on mine it goes like this:

Chelsea sign Modric and Diego

Arsenal sign Mutu and Frey

Liverpool sign Pandev and either Montolivo or Kuzmanovic

Been this way for the last several games now, funny stuff

oh and Manchester City always goes after Akinfeev if I remember correctly

That's interesting; that happens in my games too. I wonder if there's something wrong with him that needs to be fixed.

or maybe he is just stupidly overated just like irl which is reflected in the game?

Modric to chelsea, Mutu to arsenal, Pandev to Liverpool, Diego to Chelsea, Vagner Love to West Ham, Wenger France Manager, Aguirre Man Utd manager. Defoe always wins top goalscorer. one of the top 4 finish mid table 1st season then 2nd in 2nd season (behind me of course) and then back to mid table. and never come back usually man utd.

Yeah, my games if I'm not Arsenal, they sign either Mutu or Joaquin, usually go for Mutu first but sometimes he will go Liverpool, if that happens they get Joaquin. United never really make any signings, Chelsea generally get Diego and Modric.

Those the only totally constants I find. Although, its all to due with manager shortlists. They are always going to go for the same players, and players will always have preferences. Theres obviously a little bit of randomness too which explains for the variations.

Dani Alves and Pandev go to Chelsea

Arsenal sign Mutu

Man U don't buy many players for a couple of seasons

Newcastle buy a guy called Riga and also Rossi (if he doesn't go to Italy) before season 2

Modric goes to Milan or Chelsea

Derby finish in top half

Deby finish in top half

Mutu and Frey go to Arsenal

Modric goes to either Chelsea, Newcastle or Tottenham

Diego goes to Chelsea

Man Utd win champions league season 1

Man Utd lead premiership for about 32 games then finsh second to Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal(well when I'm not manager)

Middlesborough get relegated.

I win something.

Rossi goes to Villareal

# Andre Barzagli always moves.

# Arsenal always buy Mutu and Frey

# Sir Alex Ferguson leaves Man U after just one season (at the very most 2)

# Manuel Almunia always leaves Arsenal

# Javier Aguire joins to manage an EPL team

# Christain Zapata wants to Move to bigger team

# Marcelo always leaves Real Madrid earlier

And in FM 07

# Chelsea used always buy David Villa

Yeah, my games if I'm not Arsenal, they sign either Mutu or Joaquin, usually go for Mutu first but sometimes he will go Liverpool, if that happens they get Joaquin. United never really make any signings, Chelsea generally get Diego and Modric.

100% spot on for me

Mutu goes to arsenal

On mine goran pandev always goes to chelsea

Toto tamuz always goes to liverpool

Derby finish 15th

Nottingham forest get to the premier league in the 3rd or 4th season

Tottenham always snap up all the first really good regens

Inter milan spend a stupid amount of money on a player that isnt really worth it

slightly different angle (i'm arsenal, so most of the above doesn't happen im my game)

1. i always just about clinch the title even after going on a ridiculously long unbeaten run

2. if i'm top, the team in second will always play my previous opponent next

3. if i'm second and my rival loses, i'll lose or draw

4. i have always lost to a team in 19th on their ground, regardless of form

The team that plays against me on 26th game of the league is always the team i face in the semi finals.

And this happens since Greek league became available on cm ( 01/02 season ).

If i start with a team that has only one player for a position ( for example only 1 left back) all teams in the game are trying to sign them , even when i started at Bilbao with Athletic and my (only) left back was a guy with the crappy ability of 125/135 Lazio, Fiorentina , A.Madrid and their mothers bid him .

What annoys me slightly is that I always play against one certain team consecutively.

For example, managing team A, I might play against team B today in league, and three days later I have to play another game against the same team B in cup.

I know that this looks very much as if it is a coincidence since the schedule of cup games is not pre-defined.

Nevertheless, such phenomenons have appeared so frequently that I someitmes just doubt whether it has something to do with programming.

In the conference you play one team almost consecutively in the league (at least you should if it mirrors real life) They have all the derby's on boxing day, and all the return fixtures on new years day.

Derby are currently 5th in my game! Got promoted back from the Championship, and are ahead of Man United.

A few variants in my last 2 campaigns:

Arsenal always get Pandev and Mutu. Together with Van Persie, Abedayor and the stupidly over-rated Bendtner, they destroy me time and again :-(

Chelsea get Diego and always have Ivanovic as a first-team regular even tho' IRL he hasn't broken in at all.

Manyoo and Liverpool don't buy anyone special and fade away from the Big 4. In contrast Man City are the most ambitious buyers and push for the title. Aston Villa and Blackburn are the surprise relegation candidates in both campaigns.

Riise goes to Roma

Mutu goes to Arsenal

Frey goes to Arsenal (unless I buy him first)

Diego goes to Chelsea

Van der Vaart goes to Chelsea (unless I buy him first)

Modric goes to Milan (Unless I buy him first)

Inter buys most quality players before I can spot them.

enyema goes to either a mid-table or lower-table prem club and gets valued at 10m after 2 years.

Man U always get rid of Sir Alex after a couple of seasons and appoint Steve Coppell from Reading, In FM07 it was always Steve Bruce

Very much so. Or if Coppell doesn't get the role, it's another former United Player. Bruce, Ince, Keane. Or even players becoming managers like G. Neville.

Arsenal always get Mutu and Joachim, but not in the same transfer window. Then they get David Villa for something like 30mil euros :((. They get over-crowded and sell their prospects.

Manchester sell a lot. (Nani, Foster, youth). Tevez always goes to Real for free. They buy 1 player every 2 seasons and end up bad.

Valencia get Cr. Ronaldo for arround 35 mil.

Some french guy is Top Scorer in Europe.

Huntelaar wants to leave, his value drops and a decent team gets a low bid accepted. (Atletico usualy, for 10 mil or less)

Archived