Question about Start of Season Expectations

Hey guys, i'm currently at the start of the 2011/2012 season with my nottm forest team

I just finished my 2nd season in the premiership (went straight up from league 1-championship-premiership)

Last season (my 2nd prem season) I finished 4th and qualified for the champions league.

I'm not sure whether to select qualify for continental competition or title challenge for my expectation, I would get 30m and 33.5m transfer budgets respectively....

In what situations would I get fired if I selected title challenge? if I came 3rd-4th in the league would they sack me?

OH and one other question, the locals voted against me expanding my measly 30k capacity stadium which i'm filling week in week out, will the club ever build a new stadium?

no, i dont think you would get sack, but they would offer you less next season, for example of you didnt challenge and finished 3rd they wouldn't give you as much money the following year and you'd be in the red. this is because they use your target to budget for the season, by spending all the transfer budget of 35m they'd be expecting the money from at least 2nd and automatic qual to the champions league. hope this helps

jkae

OH and for the second question, eventually, i had that problem with Newcastle, after winning everything for years in a row, they eventually gave me a new 130,000 seater stadium brand new and named after me! but that was in 2018 so be patient and it will come, especially if you've only got a small stadium in the champions league, just keep bugging them!

I would choose the lowest expectation because this will mean that the board are bound to be more forgiving, and seen as you've made the jump into the EPL so quickly, I'm guessing that your wages are probably well below the limit so you could adjust the budget to get any extra money you might need.

I'm guessing that it would depend on how many points you were off challenging for the title rather than your place, I could be wrong though! As for the stadium, I think you just have to wait for the board, keep requesting when you can without overdoing it and I've read before that the board will eventually build a new stadium, although I think it depends on several factors such as finance when this will be.

Hope that helps

Archived