Is This Right....

I hate this not sure if it happens irl say your a team competing in the champions league/uefa cup and say you want to sign a player eg.luka modric who has played in something like the first qualifying phase of the champ league (not sure exact stage) so he's registered with dinamo and say i want to sign him after they've played this one game or something so he's not allowed to play for me in europe for a full season surely this isnt right never heard of it. heard of people not being able to play after they've played in real chamnpions league eg group stages or something and if you sign them in january they cant play in europe but surely not just for playing a stupid qualifyer anyway just wondering is this right and can anyone tell me if the same thing has happened to them or irl examples cheers.

I hate this not sure if it happens irl say your a team competing in the champions league/uefa cup and say you want to sign a player eg.luka modric who has played in something like the first qualifying phase of the champ league (not sure exact stage) so he's registered with dinamo and say i want to sign him after they've played this one game or something so he's not allowed to play for me in europe for a full season surely this isnt right never heard of it. heard of people not being able to play after they've played in real chamnpions league eg group stages or something and if you sign them in january they cant play in europe but surely not just for playing a stupid qualifyer anyway just wondering is this right and can anyone tell me if the same thing has happened to them or irl examples cheers.

sadly it's true thats why i try to sign big names before any european activity starts and in january i single out those players who played in europe (if i'm still in one of the leagues champions league or uefa cup)

:)

Well in real life players can actually cross competitions, as in a player can appear in the UEFA Cup for one club, and then move to a Champions League club in the January transfer window and be able to appear in the Champions League for his new club.

Not sure if that is the case in-game though.

Well in real life players can actually cross competitions, as in a player can appear in the UEFA Cup for one club, and then move to a Champions League club in the January transfer window and be able to appear in the Champions League for his new club.

Not sure if that is the case in-game though.

In FM for some reason it seems playing in Uefa cup or Champions league makes you not be able to play in the other, as I have learnt first hand. Hopefully that can be sorted out as it can make January purchases less worthwhile.

That's right. Players can't play in the same cup competition for two different teams no matter the stage. I know everyone else has already said that, but I also wanted to ask the OP to try to punctuate his posts so there easier to read.

Michael Owen didn't play for Liverpool's UCL qualifier match because Real Madrid were very interested in signing him. He was un-used substitute. Same with Jose A Reyes for Arsenal then left for Real Madrid.

If a player plays for one team in any European match, he is eligiable to play in European match for another team.

Archived