Do you get compensation if your fired?

just curious, not been sacked in 08 & as it tell's you how much money you've earned in your career was wondering if it goes up after your sacked, if not maybe it could be added in the contract talks when sorting out your contract. i know some people don't like being given a high wage as it comes out the budget & you can't do anything with it but if i spent hours playing as a team & got the boot then i would want to take as much from them as possible.

just curious, not been sacked in 08 & as it tell's you how much money you've earned in your career was wondering if it goes up after your sacked, if not maybe it could be added in the contract talks when sorting out your contract. i know some people don't like being given a high wage as it comes out the budget & you can't do anything with it but if i spent hours playing as a team & got the boot then i would want to take as much from them as possible.

I may be wrong here, but as far as I am concerned, you will not get any compensation if you are sacked. Not really too sure cos I have never been sacked before!

no i dont think you do i did and experiment with liverpool and keep getting them relegated (holidayed until sacked then add manager and holidayed again) until they were in the confernce and i didn't recve compensation.i dont understand how it works in real life, surley they have clauses in there contracts that the board put in saying that they can be sacked at any time due to poor performance if not, i'd be very suprised.

no i dont think you do i did and experiment with liverpool and keep getting them relegated (holidayed until sacked then add manager and holidayed again) until they were in the confernce and i didn't recve compensation.i dont understand how it works in real life, surley they have clauses in there contracts that the board put in saying that they can be sacked at any time due to poor performance if not, i'd be very suprised.

you saw them as that much of a threat and brilliant team you had to seperate your team from them by a few league competitions? cant handle the greatness eh?

I thought compensation was considered by the game...that's why a longer contract with a club is more secure, because they would have to pay more to get rid of you? You might not receive the money in terms of your total earnings but if you're on a long contract for big money then you have to try really hard to get sacked.

Not sure why'd you want compensation, not as if you can do anything with it.

That's why i said that if i played for hours putting so much effort into a team & they sacked me i would want to take as much from them as possible. If Sam Allardyce got a few million for 6 months work & in game you put in five or six years then why not get a pay off? I know you can't do anything with it but if your on a long term contract & thing's start going wrong say two years into a five year contract then they might think differently if they have to pay you off especially if you are on £115,000 a week.

What if they were perfectly justified in sacking you ? Would you still want to fleece them despite making the decision to try and stop you from ruining their club ?

Well, if I'm such a horrible manager than they should never have hired me in the first place. :p They signed a contract saying I would get x dollars every year for five years. If they want to put performance clauses in the game for fm09, that's fine, but in 08 they aren't there when I agree to the contract.

Not as far as I know.

I think SI should introduce some form of compensation if you receive the boot before your contract expires for the added "realism". Although the extra income would prove to be useless (as you can't use the money you earned in real life), SI should add some form of usage on your income in future versions of the game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkae View Post

you saw them as that much of a threat and brilliant team you had to seperate your team from them by a few league competitions? cant handle the greatness eh?

ha, i did it as an experiment lol, too see if i could get a team of their stature to go broke and disolve. but no luck just dissapeared, lost there stadium and got -300m but someone keeps saving them.

Guest roberto922

''but someone keeps saving them.''

Yeah.. The F.A, UEFA, FIFA, Sky, Refs, Phil Neville, MARK CLATTENBURG!!!!, Collina, Anyone else that benefits from the Sky 4 Status Quo, etc.:mad:

I know you can't do anything with it but if your on a long term contract & thing's start going wrong say two years into a five year contract then they might think differently if they have to pay you off especially if you are on £115,000 a week.

That is already taken into account.

IRL managers always get their contract paid off I beleive unless they were sacked fairly, of course. The money should be added onto your career earnings but its only a cosmetic factor anyway so it doesnt really bother me that much.

Guest roberto922
That is already taken into account.

IRL managers always get their contract paid off I beleive unless they were sacked fairly, of course. The money should be added onto your career earnings but its only a cosmetic factor anyway so it doesnt really bother me that much.

Managers are legally guaranteed to receive compensation (if they want it) if they are sacked, however if they resign or leave by mutual consent (Jose Mouriho anyone?) then they wouldn't be able to claim compensation as it was their choice to terminate the contract

Guest roberto922

Off the top of my head i think its in your history, just snoop around your manager profile and you should find it

What if they were perfectly justified in sacking you ? Would you still want to fleece them despite making the decision to try and stop you from ruining their club ?

But some sackings are out of order in this game, a new board come's in & sacks you for no reason then yes i would want to fleece them. If i managed a Championship club & got them promoted first go then following season the board wanted to fight bravely against relagation which i did then next season fluked it & finished top ten & they then wanted european qualification but didn't back me with no cash & as a result finished say 15th & they then got rid of me even though i still had four years on my contract then hell yes, show me the money, it's only fair that i get something after the position i got the club into in the first place.

Managers are legally guaranteed to receive compensation (if they want it) if they are sacked, however if they resign or leave by mutual consent (Jose Mouriho anyone?) then they wouldn't be able to claim compensation as it was their choice to terminate the contract

Does you actually believe that Jose didn't get a pay-off? I know they said mutual consent but I don't believe it.

The OP is a heck of a good question actually, even if it is a minor detail.

I'd say that there is an obtuse way of saying that the game DOES take compensation into consideration, even if it isn't added to your career earnings.

The longer left on your contract, the less chance you have of being sacked - why? Logically, it must be due to compensation.

Reminds me of a true but distant memory: I think it was the chairman of Huddersfield a few years back who publically announced that his manager was being axed. Then then worked out how much compensation was due to be paid, at which point he announced that the manager had his full backing!

Archived