I just finished my first season in BPS and I couldn't get rid of all that deadwood that was killing my finances. Finally after a whole season I can release a whole bunch of junk on a free, but there are still 2 players that makes me fuming.

One striker at 675/week, completely and utterly useless. Still 2 years left on his contract. :eek:

A midfielder at 575/week, even worse than the other guy, one year left.

I tried to play them, the striker's best effort was when he managed to round the keeper and then hit the post. His average over 7 games was 5.something.

Then the mid, I don't know where to begin. I wanted to play him so someone stupid would be interested enough to grab him on zero costs. But noway, he got yellows in 5 of his 8 games, whereof one double and suspension. His average ratings was barely 5.

Striker - 9k

Mid - 2k

I tried to offload them for nothing, in other deals and offering them to clubs. No luck.

Is it possible to hire a hitman? :rolleyes:

Your best bet would be to keep them on the transfer list with an asking price of zero and then hope someone takes pity on you and snaps them up. You might have more luck offering them on loan so you don't have to pay their wages (or at least, not all of their wages.)

Alternatively, you could try ****ing them off enough for them to agree to mutually terminate their contract but they usually demand some cash for that.

I have had this problem with my Oldham team, since L1 and now in the Prem even more. I think the only way is to wait till the contracts run out on some of them, thats what I have to put up with for several of my players who are on far too much money after being promoted and getting the 25% wage increase. I have tried all of the above and more, including trying to reduce their training to none in an attempt to annoy them to the hilt, only they seem to enjoy this!

Just had a thought while typing, maybe I should give them the maximum training and try and improve them a lot or annoy them so much, they want to get away from the tough training?!? Anyone ever tried this?

Archived