How many homegrown players do you keep?

Im Roma right now, and i am trying to keep my squad strictly to Italian and Spanish players with a few other nationalities, im not sure how many Italians i should be having in my squad at any one time to keep Roma as Italian as possible, right now i've got 10 Italians, 5 of those playing 28+ SERIA A games every year, how many do you keep? how many should i have in my squad to keep Roma demand respect as Italian club? ;-0 i have alot of moolah and i might go on a spending spree and buy all decent italians

how many italians do juventus/ac milan play at any one time? IRL

Also doesnt need to be Italy, can be England/Spain etc.

IRL, Juventus has Buffon, Chiellini, C. Zanetti, Camoranesi, Iaquinta, Del Piero, Belardi, Molinaro, Marchionni, Legrottaglie, De Ceglie, Giovinco and Marchisio. 13 Italians, and lots of them generally play.

Recently started a game with Roma too and like yourself like to keep the core of the team the same nationality. At Roma i'm just towards the end of season 2 and the italians in my squad are:

Ustari, Cerci, Andreolli, Criscito, Pasqual, Ferrari, De Rossi, Dossena, Giovinco, Aquillani, Perrotta, Totti, Amauri, Okaka, Quareglia (co-owned), Forrestieri (co-owned), Rossina (co-owned).

There are a few others i have co-owned also. Don't want to get rid of the old boys such as Totti & Montella as i want them as coaches... How are you finding your Roma game?...

Recently started a game with Roma too and like yourself like to keep the core of the team the same nationality. At Roma i'm just towards the end of season 2 and the italians in my squad are:

Ustari, Cerci, Andreolli, Criscito, Pasqual, Ferrari, De Rossi, Dossena, Giovinco, Aquillani, Perrotta, Totti, Amauri, Okaka, Quareglia (co-owned), Forrestieri (co-owned), Rossina (co-owned).

There are a few others i have co-owned also. Don't want to get rid of the old boys such as Totti & Montella as i want them as coaches... How are you finding your Roma game?...

isnt ustari argentinian, amauri brazilian and okaka nigerian or something like that??

I always try to bring in as many home nation players as possible, but my focus remains on good players. So if for my Juventus team I can choose between 3 average Italians, one good Spaniard or a top rate Argentinian, I'll go for the Argentinian. And I'll also get one of the Italians as a backup player. :)

I always buy as many home players as i can but i hate the fact that the game doesn't say anything about this. I can have Benfica without a single portuguese and no one complain. Also i can have a team full of portuguese internationals and no one talks about it.

Fans should have a opinion about this and also the board and the news media.

I've always tried to keep as many players from the country I'm playing in within my team. I think my best one was with Milan where I had about 9 Italians out of the starting 11. Out of those 9, though, very few of them were actual 'homegrown' payers (those who have come through my Youth team.) My current Spurs team has plenty of talented Youngsters but it will be another couple of seasons before any of them come through into the first team.

Archived