Help! How can I use downloaded skins with my Mac?

Alright lads. I would be very grateful if someone could help me. I have downloaded 2 skins for FM 08, I have used the Stuffit Expander and I am on a MAC (don't want to confuse you PC users!).

There is one skins folder and I have tried putting the downloaded file into the 'skins' folder but no success!

Does anyone else know how to use downloaded skins with Mac???

Ok, this may get a little long winded, but bear with me.

Open Finder > Documents > Sports Interactive > FM08 > Skins as you would do.

Now, When you expand the skin with Stuffit, (Which I wouldn't use myself, as Rar Expander is a much better tool, and free) - you get a folder. Lets say for Example, you've downloaded the Turnstyle Skin. On your desktop, (or wherever Stuffit expands to) - you get the folder named "Turnstyle"

This is not the folder that you need to put in the skins folder. Open "Turnstyle" (or whatever your equivalent is) - and inside you will have anywhere up to 4 skin directories in there. (Perhaps, Turnstyle, Turnstyle Dark, Turnstyle Left, Turnstyle Dark Left) - These are the folder you need to drop into the Skins folder. You can then delete the expanded "Turnstyle" folder from your desktop, as it no longer serves a purpose.

Now, assuming you don't already know, make sure when you put the new skin on you have the "Reload Skin on Confirm" box checked, and the "Use Skin Cache" box unchecked.

If you still have problems, let me know and I'll see what I can come up with.

Archived