Play.com FM 09 Release Date

I dont get this si keep saying no-one knows anything about 09 and they dont no release date no-one knows it'll be ready when its ready yet play.com have an official release date for it for pc and psp for pc=31/10/2008 and for psp=07/11/2008 anyone shed any light on this :confused:

check it out for yourself http://www.play.com/Search.aspx?searchtype=allproducts&searchstring=football+manager+2009&page=search&pa=search&go.x=0&go.y=0

they also state the new ocean colour scene dvd (who are they you ask) is due out in August, when its not.. would'nt beleive anything you read on the net, from amazon, play ect, they tend to look at the tendencys of when the games were released the years before.

I reckon it will be timed nicely for the new football season however

It's merely guesstimating by these sites based on the release dates of previous versions, however i doubt Oct 30th will be far off.

The game will only be properly playable in January/February after patches so the original release date is not that important.

Deary me, the game doesn't even have a release date and it's being cut down. :rolleyes:

TBH even SI are only estimating release dates until they get really close. Wasn't FM Live supposed to be out originally Feb/March 2008? Anything could go wrong (and usually does with FM).

In any case, it doesn't really matter when it's released. Who cares? We want to know when the first patch is out, that's the important date.

It's not even a good guess...

Any FM lover will know the official date is most likely the 10th or 17th October, but will be changed to 2 days earlier when everyone starts selling it early again. :-D

Wasn't FM Live supposed to be out originally Feb/March 2008? Anything could go wrong (and usually does with FM).

I thought SI only gave a release date when it was 100% certain so they don't dissapoint?

well ive just preordered it, so who cares when its out, it will turn up on my doorstep that morning, until then im going back to loving this game and letting it slowly ruin my marriage. i think anyway i havent seen daylight in weeks, so it could already be over LOL.

That's just sad.

Any self respecting wife should understand FM comes first and be there to support you, with food when the title/relegation run in starts, with sympathy when you lose, excitement when that kid breaks into the first team, etc.

If not, she's not good enough for you, or FM, anyway! ;)

WOW! I cant wiat for FM 09 since this time of transfers are BIG! and there are alot of players getting transfered and NEW IDEAS TO FM! dOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANYTIHNG THAT MIGHT BE ON 09?! OR THAT KNOW will BE ON 09?!

These reports are absolute rubbish - I've never even heard of FM09.

Lol. Going slightly off-topic because of this...

I actually think there needs to be more negative media. If the press come to you and ask about Kaka (for example) and you say "rubbish I've never heard..." then surely someone would question your sanity :D

• SI Staff

As always, websites estimate when they think the release date will be. We have dates in mind that we're working to but those often change depending on how development goes which is why we don't often give out specific dates until we have gone gold.

Archived