Getting offered jobs.

Excuse me if there is already a big thread on this topic. I searched and didn't see anything. If there please just provide the link..

Anyway, I'm wondering what peoples experiences are as far as being offered jobs by other (bigger) clubs. I just started a game but didn't want to take over a big team right at the start. I think it's kind of cooler to do a good job with a smaller team and then see if I get offered better jobs.

Only thing is I don't want to play seasons upon seasons with a small team and never get cool offers from bigger teams. So in your experience, how often did you get offered better jobs assuming you were winning with your current team?

I started in my game as matlock, 7 seasons down the line, I'm still there, when starting the game there is an option to state your playing carear, example, ex sunday league football.. I guess this has a baring on what jobs you will be offered

I'm happy at matlock however, building them up, the more experiance I get the more I'm linked to higher rep jobs, however.. at £300 a week, I could afford my own little flat, so i'm happy :) (i use my imagination a lot in the FM world - I even have a pretend girlfriend)

This is how I always play my FM games; I start with the lowest manager rating/reputation, managing small teams (lower league management) and eventually work my way up, or just manage smaller teams.

As far as getting offered jobs, I never really get offered too many since I play in obscure Eastern European leagues with very little reputation and I'm usually teams that battle relegation since that's what I get the most kick out of.

I usually always get big job offers, been Barca, Inter and Milan in my last game and my current game I am currently Chelsea. I always start in League 1 or 2 in England.

I find though that its difficult to get a less high profile job once you're at a big club. eg: when I was Milan manager a applied for Doncaster job when it came up and didnt get it and over two seasons applied for many championship jobs but didnt get it, but as soon as my old club Barca sacked their coach they came knocking without me even declaring an intrest.

Archived