Vista 64 Bit

Hello,

I've just brought a new PC, and its coming in the next few days an E7200 2.5 GB or something, and 4GB Cosiar XMS2 Ram.

After reading about the 4gb limitation on 32bit Vista, I decided tog et 64Bit however I am concerned my beloved football manager won't work on it... didnt really think about it until now - does anyone know if it works and if so how well?

Also I currently have a awful PC which just about runs XP - I normally run 1 league, what can this new system run - I'd want biggest database obviously :) and what should I run feasibly - Don't want to be wiating for 1000s of matches to be processed daily...

let me know please :)

It does work on Vista64 (I'm running it now) and yes you are correct in saying if you have 4GB you need a 64bit OS to take advantage of all the memory.

However, if it makes a difference to you FM probably won't ever use all 4GB. (though it will help if you are running lots of programs and FM at once of course).

The ram cap is removed (or at least extended) if you get service pack 1 for Vista. All 4gb will be recognised and utilised. No need to worry about that stupid limit any more :)

Archived