CL Draw Question

I have gotten Derby into the CL the past 5 seasons but w/out fail in the quarterfinal stage in draw Inter Milan. This year I am in the group stage and alas who is in my group...you guessed it...Inter. I am just wondering whether this was normal to basically get the same team year after year in the Quarters or if my game just hates me.

I have gotten Derby into the CL the past 5 seasons but w/out fail in the quarterfinal stage in draw Inter Milan. This year I am in the group stage and alas who is in my group...you guessed it...Inter. I am just wondering whether this was normal to basically get the same team year after year in the Quarters or if my game just hates me.

Sounds like the game hates you...

Just kidding, but as in any random sequence, you might get an unusual pattern (think black or red in roulette). Are you at least beating Inter?

Sounds like the game hates you...

Just kidding, but as in any random sequence, you might get an unusual pattern (think black or red in roulette). Are you at least beating Inter?

I am leaning toward the game hates me part lol. So far no, managed on 3-3 draw at PP and the rest all losses. I am getting better, havent played them yet in the GS.

Its random, but due to seeding, its likely that the same, or similar names will appear in your group. If you look back over the history of real life draws, going back say, 10 seasons, you'll see a lot of very similar groups.

I think Bayern Munich and Real Madrid met so often within a few years, the game tracks them as rivals.

I feel your pain yankee ram.

First FM 08 save-game as Leeds I lost to Barcelona in the knockout stages 4 seasons running (not at the same stage but annoying none the less). I could do them at Elland Road but the Camp Nou was impossible. My zeal for the Champions League eventually cost me my job due to resting first teamers :(

Archived