Bug in Argentine 2nd div promotion playoffs and manager contract expiery

Hi, I was leading an Argentine 2nd tier club into the promotion playoffs (finished 2nd) in my last year of contract. The club offered me a contract renewal some weeks earlier but I only wanted to stay if we got promoted so I asked to delay my decision until end of season. They agreed. Then something strange happend at the end of the season. My contract ran out a couple of days after the last game of the normal season, but before the promotion playoffs were played and suddenly I was without a job as the club didn't contact me about a new contract. There was nothing I could do about it, I tried to reload the save and ask the board for a renewal, to which they agreed, but the offer didn't arrive before my end of contract.

I assume the club logically took the end of the playoffs as their 'end of season' while my contract was drawn up to last until the last game of the 'normal' end of season, not considering possible playoffs.

Sadly I had to find another club as my last backup was saved after I asked for the delay...

I could if I had FMRTE (which I don't), but that is not why I posted this. I'm now in the Uruguayan top division in pole-position (while my argentine team didnt win the PO's without my help) so no real harm done.

My point is there's a flaw in the game. It doesnt handle the contract expiery-date well in this particular division. First time since CM that this has happened to me. But then again, it's the first time I ventured into South America.

Maybe the wrong thread to post this in though (probably better suited for the bugs-thread)

Archived