Takeovers

Very rarely have I seen someone talk about their experience of being taken over by a Man City type owner. Personally, I've never been taken over by a wealthy owners who have gone and pumped millions into the club. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone in their save and what sort of things you can gain from it. :)

When I did the Gundo challenge in FM11 I went for a side in the Croatian second division (Granicar Z.). The season was going awfully wrong when suddenly a Danish tycoon took over the club. He injected a large sum of money into the club, however the greedy f*cker didn't improve the wage and transfer budget because it was mid-season. We got relegated and I was sacked.

I went for another side (Olimpija Osijek) and after many years eventually took them to play in the Champions League. The tycoon never left Granicar and they made it back to the 2nd division, after a few years got promoted to the 1st too. My side was better established by then however, and Granicar never went past mid-table as we continuously dominated the league and beat them many times.

wasnt there a big thread on this the other day. (dont worry I aint moaning or going to type a rude arrogant reply like some people do on here). But id check that thread out chap as theres some really interesting comments within it. I enjoyed reading it and adding to it either way. :)

Just scroll down (maybe a few pages but wasnt that long ago. Def last week was near top of this list of threads so should be there.

Archived