Board concerned about situation regarding signing

I just noticed that my board is "slightly disappointed about the situation concerning the signing of X" .... what does that mean?

Are they disappointed about me signing the player, or what situation would they refer to?

probably that the player you signed have played for a rival club

I signed Daniel Sturridge from chelsea to my West Ham squad and this is what the board said....at the end of the season the board had changed their mind as he had a belter of a season :)

In my experience it happens when the board are unsure about the player because:

a) they think the transfer was too expensive for the perceived value of the player

b) the player isn't particularly well-know and you haven't played him enough to establish him as a sensible signing

c) both

I've seen it a couple of times and I can only assume it has something to do with the supporters of his previous club.

The first time I came across this was when I signed a newgen player from a South African club for peanuts to my Nurnberg side. He didn't seem like the problem to me as he stated he looked very much forward to playing on a bigger stage. However that clubs fans were outraged that he left. Same thing happened when I signed a GK from Malaga to my Arsenal side on a free. He had hoped fans would understand his move, but they didn't seem so understanding to me! ;)

These players haven't seemed to bring problems to the clubs I've managed, however it seems the board doesn't appreciate stirring up other supporter groups....or something.

Oh. I thought we all knew. It's to do with the squad status you signed him under and his playing time. So if he'd only sign if you promised him Key status, but you're playing him as a squad 'off the bench' guy, then the board get upset.

Oh. I thought we all knew. It's to do with the squad status you signed him under and his playing time. So if he'd only sign if you promised him Key status, but you're playing him as a squad 'off the bench' guy, then the board get upset.

That can't be right. As you get this message (at least for me) as soon as you sign the player, or the next time you get a update from the board. Not to mention the young player I signed for Nurnberg was only a "hot prospect" and wasn't expected to play a lot and cost next to nothing.

I think this might be the case for me ... I checked a bit more, and it seems this is the concern of my fans, so I assume it is the same from the board.

Would be nice with a bit more relevant information in the board message, so people won't have to guess as to why they are concerned.

Archived