Which team is your eternal bogey team?

I mean no matter which team or tactic you use, they will always find a way to ruin your day, no matter how good or bad, you or they are.

Personally mine is Spurs. Even when I have a great team playing a system they're used to in the middle of a great run, I'll play Spurs and lose 2-0. Then promptly win the next 5 games. I think I might win one in 10 games I play against them, and draw 4 of them, but half the time they will beat me.

Anyway, who's yours?

Arsenal. The fact they have one of the best keepers in the game doesn't help, but other than that their squad in generally inferior to mine, as they have been in steady decline in my save. Having had 4 clean sheets in my first 4 games they go and beat me 3-1.

Everton, I have no idea how are they always so hard to break.

As a Sunderland supporter, I know exactly how you feel.

On my current save, as frustrating as trying to beat the usual suspects is (United, City, Spurs, Chelsea), Middlesbrough have been strangely hard to beat. We seem guaranteed to drop at least two points from them each season. Although we did beat them 3-0 at Wembley on the way to winning the FA Cup, so that was a little bit of sweet revenge.

Fulham for me in my long-term Sheffield United save. Unbeaten in 25 Premier League games and it's Fulham, who beat me at Craven Cottage nearly every season, end my great run by battering my strongest side 3-1. Fulham at the time were 17th!

in england West Brom just sit back and I have some of the most boring and ridiculous matches with them we won the league and lost 4-0 to WBA just ridiculous but thats what happens in RL got to love football

In my current games as the manager of the mighty Police Service of Northern Ireland im 9 years ahead we score 4 goals a game in the league however we can only edge out Portadown 1-0 and we have lost to them a couple of times which is terrible considering the MASSIVE gulf in talent

And I have to say Lyonn for any team I have ever managed even if I am winning 2-1 they totally cheese me and win 2-4 in the last 5 mins which is the most frustrating thing

Nurnberg (in Germany), my Dortmund side is better in every possible way though, in six matches results are - 4 lost 1 drawn and 1 won only after they got red-carded in first 15minutes, scraped the game 1-0 with a goal in added time.

For a long time, Chievo at Milan, then Fiorentina seemed to tear us a new one every time (with one of their forwards doing the same for Italy against my Spain) before we were dominant enough not to have one. Aris are turning into this at AEK Athens, beating us twice in the first season and snatching a draw in the other game so far. Also had a problem in Bulgaria with all the Sofia sides. In something like 20 games I only won once in Sofia.

Out of the smaller clubs in our league, we always seem to play poorly against Bryne aswel and because they are listed as our close rivals, when we do lose (often) against them it does not go down well with the fans!

I've been managing Real Madrid for a season and a half and so far we've lost 2 out of 2 Clásicos in the Camp Nou. At home we battered them 4-0 in one occasion, but away from home nothing I do seems to counter Carlo Ancelotti's Christmas Tree formation and their fantastic regens.

Prem: Wigan

Bundesliga: MAINZ, I HATE MAINZ. And Wolfsburg.

Can't really remember any others from other leagues..

Ugh, Mainz are infuriating, although possibly pipped by Hoffenheim, who I manage to dominate game-in, game-out before somehow contriving to lose 1-0 to a shoddy goal.

Always have found Granada to be a pain regardless of their manager. They play a brutally quick and swift 4-4-2 with some meaty pressing. Also when Lucas Alvarez was in charge of Real Sociedad I went out at the semi final stage of the Copa del Rey in consecutive years and didn't win a game in 5 against them. He moved on and the new man in didn't seem to have things set up so well, but that spell against them was horrid

Scotland - Motherwell. In my last 2 seasons i've been scraping v them but seriously im destorying every team in sight bar the big Champions League teams but Motherwell just seems to be 1-0 victorys, loses or draws.

England - Always struggled in the Premiership no matter what i've done, started a new save with Man City. Bolton and Liverpool have beein Nightmares. First game with Liverpool set me on a losing streak unbeaten and hadn't conceaded a goal. Dirk Kyut just destroyed me scoring a hat-trick in the opening 9 minuates. We where 2-0 up in the second game at half time at home. Second half it was like i was suddenly playing a Barcelona, Real Madrid and Byern combined, we held for 2-2 but didn't deserve it. Bolton first game we lost 1-0 that was directly after the first Liverpool game though, we then drew them in the F.A cup, my midfield signing was sent off after 3 mins and we drew 1-1 at home. Disappointing. The replay seen us go 2-0 up after 5 mins, then 3-1 up at half time. N'Gog turned into Messi and we lost 4-3 after extra time. All 4 scored by N'Gog

Arsenal

Beat Barcelona in the Quarters of the Champions League H - 4-0 & A 6-2

Got Arsenal in the semi's lost both games, H - 2-3 & A - 1-2 - I play Inter Milan in the 2020 stage of the game, and just checked my over all record with Arsenal through-out my managerial career and ive played them 7 times (not all with Inter, only 3 times) and lost all 7.. :(

Decided to have a friendly and once again they beat my full strength squad 2-4.. gutted :(

Archived