Can somebody explain a couple of things to me please...

Okay so I have managed Litex Lovech in Bulgaria for 16 seasons. We have won the league 16 seasons in succession, the Bulgarian cup 12 times, have reached the Champions League semi-finals on two occasions and the final on one occasion and yet CSKA Sofia, a team who have failed to win the title for the past 16 years, have not won the cup for 16 years and have done absolutely nothing in Europe STILL have a higher reputation than me? We average 30,385 fans for home games, they average 18,811. We have top corporate facilities, top training facilities and excellent youth facilities, these are all a lot better than the ratings CSKA get. Meanwhile we are considered the 5th best team in Europe in the coefficients behind only Barca, Man City, Real Madrid and Man Utd whilst CSKA Sofia were considiered the 19th best team in the Euro Cup by the coefficients.

So after that little rant why are they considered better than us? Why after reaching the CL final and the CL Semi-Finals (twice) can we still not attract players of any real calibre? I understand the league's not amazing (3* reputation) but our club is an exception! I did this to try and turn Litex into the best team in the world with the best youth players etc but I can't even attract youngsters from dutch teams. After amazing European success.

Please somebody explain :)

That's ever so odd...

After 15 years of domestic dominance and of European overachieving your club's rep should have soared (as proven by your high UEFA coefficient), so I don't really understand why CSKA still have a better rep.

About failing to attract top players, that's fair enough because the league standard is still average [3*]. It doesn't matter how many times you win the league or you reach Champions League's later stages, players will still perceive your club as a decent European club playing in a mickey mouse league.

It's the same in real life... Ajax, even at the peak of their glory years in the mid-90s, had to sell their top players to Top Clubs in Italy, Spain and to replace them with local youth or with "obscure" talents because in the eyes of the established footballers, 8-10 games of Champions League weren't worth a whole domestic season with little exposure and mediocre competition.

Thanks for the reply, I do understand that in terms of the league being bad but CSKA being higher is pathetic.

My other question is whilst a few years ago my scouts (most of which are at least 17 in both judging A and judging P) were fidning some really good players, now we're struggling to find 2* potential guys, nevermind 3.5 *!

CA and PA stars are relative to:

1) your current players in the specific position

2) your club's stature

So some years ago many players would have been rated 5* because your squad was average for Litex/Bulgarian league standard, but now you've been improving (and I suppose attracting better players) and have high reputation the only players worth of 4-5* are World Class ones like Messi & co.

CA and PA stars are relative to:

1) your current players in the specific position

2) your club's stature

So some years ago many players would have been rated 5* because your squad was average for Litex/Bulgarian league standard, but now you've been improving (and I suppose attracting better players) and have high reputation the only players worth of 4-5* are World Class ones like Messi & co.

Yeah I understand that mate but only 2.5 * players? I have 4* and many 3.5* in my team but the rarity of finding a 3.5* guy now is so so rare, maybe 1 per season, I was finding players of the calibre of the guys I have in my team who I've had since they were 18-ish very often years ago, is it maybe that my training/coaches have made them surpass the original potential my scouts were awarding? Maybe 2* guys could turn out 3* with my schedules/coaches? (I have 4* min in all training areas)?

Archived