Fm12 on microsoft surface rt and/or pro?

Will the football manager series be able to run on either and or both the New Microsoft Surface Pro or RT Version?

I would love to be able to play the full FM experience on what is going to be basically a tablet/laptop hybrid and was hoping FM would be available on both and even if it would incorporate the touch screen.

For those who don't know about the Surface or difference between the 2 versions, here is a quick rundown:

SURFACE FOR WINDOWS RT

- Runs Windows 8 RT

- Powered by an Nvidia ARM chip

- Weighs 676 grams

- 9.3mm thick

- 10.6-inch ClearType HD 1366 x 768 resolution display

- 31.5 W-h battery

- microSD, USB 2, Micro HD Video, 2x2 MIMO antenna for better Wi-Fi

- Comes with Office Home & Student 2013 RT, Touch Cover, Type Cover keyboard

- VaporMg Case and stand construction

- 32GB and 64GB storage capacity

SURFACE FOR WINDOWS PRO

- Runs Windows 8

- Powered by an Intel Core i5 (Ivy Bridge) processor

- Weighs 903 grams

- 13.5mm thick

- 10.6-inch ClearType 1080p Full HD Display

- 42 W-h battery

- microSDXC, USB 3.0, a Mini Display port video socket, 2x2 MIMO antennae for better Wi-Fi

- Touch Cover, Type Cover, Pen with Palm Block for writing on the screen

- VaporMg Case and stand construction

- 64GB and 128GB storage capacity

Windows RT: No. As above said, it's an ARM processor which is what's in your current tablets & smartphones. The Windows 8 on RT devices can't run desktop applications.

Windows Pro: Theoretically yes, graphics processor support dependant (though it should be fine). Not enough details have been release yet to know for sure.

• 2 months later...

Be nice for FM14 - I do a lot of traveling and would love to be able to take my game on the road. And Tablets are becoming increasingly popular.

I stress I wouldn't be pushed on it though. Much prefer other areas of the game strengthened/enhanced.

Someday, I suppose.

• 7 months later...

Its been a while since someone last posted on here.

With the surface pro now out, has anyone managed to play FM 2013 on it? If so, how was the perfomance? did the pro get really hot? Googling surface pro and Football manager, someone mentions that they got it working but thats about it.

I know that the touch screen is not enabled, does that mean that you can use a mouse to play it?

• 1 month later...
Its been a while since someone last posted on here.

With the surface pro now out, has anyone managed to play FM 2013 on it? If so, how was the perfomance? did the pro get really hot? Googling surface pro and Football manager, someone mentions that they got it working but thats about it.

I know that the touch screen is not enabled, does that mean that you can use a mouse to play it?

The touchscreen does not work with fingers, but it does work with the stylus. Performance wise, the game runs quite well. Proper touchscreen support would make it a lot better though (hoping for this in 2014).

• 2 weeks later...
The touchscreen does not work with fingers, but it does work with the stylus. Performance wise, the game runs quite well. Proper touchscreen support would make it a lot better though (hoping for this in 2014).

So, am I right to assume that you have tried it and it works? I am going back and forth between a small laptop or a tablet. I have tried the iPad fmh, and its alright for the price, but not the same. Having it run on the surface pro running win 8 would be ideal, if you have tried it and it works, can you transfer saved games to and from the tablet?

Archived