Sacked for the first time!!!

Hi Guys,

First post on here but have been reading the forum for a while so thought I would get involved.

Last week I got sacked for the first time ever in my FM life. Was gutted but I did deserve it.

I was playing as the team I support Hibernian FC (in Scotland) and was trying to make them the best in Scotland only to have a disaster of a time.

I was struggled to sign anyone decent and the ones I did get did not perform (Free transers, Powell, Koumas, Martgens among others)

Both the goalies were shocking (Brown/Stack), pretty much any shot at either of them was going in.

My Strike force of Leigh Griffths and Garry O'Conner, who I thought would be good in the game and my scouts thought were great scored 1 goal between them in 14 games (Griffiths Pen).

Such a frustrating season. I see myself as someone that is good at the game having had many great saves taking smaller teams and making them great! I am going to try again with Hibs to see how I get on again.

Has anyone else had a disaster playing as the team they support?

Cheers

I got sacked after 23 games at Middlesbrough for being mid-table with what was effectively a youth team since the club had sold most of its senior pro's to balance the books.

I got the Everton job a week later, who were bottom of the EPL after 20 games with no wins and only 8 points. By the end of the season I'd got them to 13th, won the League Cup, qualified for europe, and reached the FA Cup Semi-Final.

Steve Gibson, the Middlesbrough chairman, maybe the worlds best chairman in real life, but he knows nowt in the world of FM ;)

Yep, having just won the CL after a long wait I left my Dortmund side to go to Ipswich for the last season of my FM 12 save (as I try to manage them in every version), they had just returned to the Championship after 10 seasons in League 1 and hoped that survival would do them, but they expected a good mid-table finish and I had no budget to work with to improve the League 1 squad, so it didn't go too well but I was keeping them just above the drop zone before being fired just a few months in, the first time in years thing's haven't gone well there.

Ipswich....Pah....Paul Jewell does enough damage there surely you cant do any worse! ;) take over NCFC when they get relegated like they always do on FM (dunno why when there so much better than FM makes out). There money always seems way better on FM12 than real life too (most likely because on mine no matter what country I start a save with, NCFC sign the same Eygptian guy whose about 35 yrs old and thats it and then have a shed load of money to spend.)

Funny. I got relegated for the first ever time yesterday, and sacked for only the second ever time!

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/311225-You-Only-Get-One-Reputation-A-Potentially-Catastrophic-ToffeeViola-Career/page2

My first sacking was with Borussia Dortmund, who are my German team :(

dunno why when there so much better than FM makes out

I think they're fine. Even before the arrival of Cabaye, Ba and Cisse all they needed is a striker and playmaker to set the PL on fire. I got them 5th in the first season by buying Jadson and Milyevski.

I was struggled to sign anyone decent and the ones I did get did not perform (Free transers, Powell, Koumas, Martgens among others)

Both the goalies were shocking (Brown/Stack), pretty much any shot at either of them was going in.

My Strike force of Leigh Griffths and Garry O'Conner, who I thought would be good in the game and my scouts thought were great scored 1 goal between them in 14 games (Griffiths Pen).

Such a frustrating season.

I had a save exactly like this and after some experimenting I'm convinced the reason was my manager reputation was too low.

I see myself as someone that is good at the game having had many great saves taking smaller teams and making them great!

I thought I was pretty good at FM as well until this happened to me. Turns out the game is a lot harder when you start with a low rep. For years (real life years) I had been starting every save as a former international.

In my latest save I started out as a former sunday leaguer and it took nearly 20 years (in-game) for me to hit World Class reputation.

I always start with reputation on automatic, the game is far too easy when your a former international. Give yourselves as much of a challenge as possible guys.

I've only been sacked on one save ever, on a network game with my mate. It was on FM07 I think, might have been 08, he started as Wolves (I think, cant remember too clearly) and I was QPR in the championship. First season he won the league and I finished 3rd and won the playoffs. In the prem he was solid midtable and I was happy with my 17th place, but the board weren't and sacked me in February. I applied for all jobs coming up and got Luton who were bottom of league 1 at the time. The board expectations were to get promotion so was sacked within a month!!!! For the new season started as Chesterfield and got sacked once again when I was 7th in league 2. After that I could not get a new job at any level, and after my mate completed the season we closed the game down with him as the winner and started again.

Yeah, I was sacked at HSV after finishing 2nd twice in a row, being in 10th position in my third season there. That was way below my own expectation of finally winning the league, but it was just 12 or 13 games into the season and CL spots were just some 4 or 5 points away.

However, due to my own disappointment I was already trying to get the free Arsenal post, so that may have been a factor in the decision.

Still, I was gutted at getting the sack there.

The funniest bit about it is that I know the chairman very well personally and 'seeing' him giving me the sack felt really wrong :D

I did my favourite team Liverpool on FM11 and had an awful time, I didn't sign many players though because I didn't have much money, we were in the relegation zone up until about December then we finally started winning, It wasn't enough though in the end and I got sacked in March with us sitting about 12th, I joined Dover in the BSS and we are currently (haven't been on it for a while) on a winning streak of about 12 games and are surely gonna get promoted to the BSP in my first season!!

Im happy to say ive never been sacked since the very very early Champ Manager days.

This is prob because its got alot easier to achieve success in recent years or maybe because now im 27 I know alot more about football than say in 1994 in my youth lol!

Think it was the 1994 edition of Champ Manager and I got sacked from Norwich in the old div1 and then later sacked by Bradford. Does not get any worse than that. But was a learning curve as I believe it may have been the first time I ever played FM (then CM). God things were more simple then! miss that simplicity sometimes.

Yeah I always seem to get sacked when I manage my favourite team, Aberdeen. I think playing as certain SPL teams is very difficult, particularly as I start with semi-pro reputation.

Odd, I've never had a successful game with Aberdeen, but every other game I start I am very good.

I think you can be more objective about teams you dont support and therefore not care so much about getting rid of underperforming player, whereas managing your team you might try and persevere with your favorite players. However saying that i always play as arsenal, and nothing has given me more pleasure than getting shot of most of my squad! i've been brutal, not caring about how much players go for, and even paying scquillaci and park to bugger off to mid table prem teams!

Yeah I always seem to get sacked when I manage my favourite team, Aberdeen. I think playing as certain SPL teams is very difficult, particularly as I start with semi-pro reputation.

Odd, I've never had a successful game with Aberdeen, but every other game I start I am very good.

The SPL seems pretty hard, players just don't seem to perform at all and all the teams are so even. Also, the likes of St.Mirren and Inverness sign random out of contract players with terrible ratings yet they seem to perform. I sign out of contract guys with strong ratings and they are shocking!

Also players from the Scottish first division dont even want to come to me??!! crazy.

Started again and doing slightly better now but still not great.

Determined to at least win the Scottish cup with them :)!!!

Prob as your biast. I find I do this with Norwich City who im an away and home season ticket holder. Now I have personal favs and also people I dont rate at all. For example David Fox is such a vital memeber of the Norwich City team but on Football Manager especially for a Prem League player hes very average. Then you have other players who are vastly overrated and given far to higher CA.

Now when your at a club your not so familar with or have such biast towards you focus more on the stats of who should be in a team, rather than who in real life you favour or rate etc...hopefully that all made sense.

Hi Guys,

First post on here but have been reading the forum for a while so thought I would get involved.

Last week I got sacked for the first time ever in my FM life. Was gutted but I did deserve it.

I was playing as the team I support Hibernian FC (in Scotland) and was trying to make them the best in Scotland only to have a disaster of a time.

Such a frustrating season. I see myself as someone that is good at the game having had many great saves taking smaller teams and making them great! I am going to try again with Hibs to see how I get on again.

Cheers

Is your name John Collins? Mixu? Calderwood? Fenlon?

Sorry, couldnt resist!!

Most times when I play a save in the SPL (as Hearts of course) I find it difficult, but the current one is the total opposite because its too easy and getting boring!

Archived