FourFourTom on FM

I'll be the first one to admit that FM has it's flaws, but this guy has just missed the whole point of the game.

For those unaware, he's an apparent 'freelance football writer/reporter, and serial Twitter user. Tends to be extremely biased where Arsenal are involved, likes to toot his own trumpet and claims to have seen every football match in every league played on a particular weekend. I used to think he had some reasonably well-balanced opinons but recently he's written some absolute tripe, culminating in this:

http://blog.paddypower.com/2012/08/08/fourfourtom-why-football-manager-makes-me-mad/

I think a Premier League manager came out and said the same thing a little while ago, I'll try and find the article.

I think he's got a point in attacking those who think they would make a good manager because they are good at FM, if they exist.

i'm struggling to work out just what the point in this article is. its like he's created a make-believe opponent who thinks that FM is real life and that FM tactics are harder than real-life tactics and managing in FM is just as easy in real life, just so he can go on some wierd little rant.

its a rather pointless article in my opinion

Guest avine

A FourFourWorm without any inside info to manipulate:D

Seriously why they don't compare a FM player with an average football fan ?

i left a comment on there.. and got a reply from someone at paddypower asking if i'd like to write a full response instead of just a comment.... nice..

I'd write a full response, as an avid FM fan & aspiring journalist myself I'd love to do it...

Ha, thanks for posting that was rather funny.

I would comment further, but instead I'll quote Tom Sargent from the comments section of the blog:

Quite possibly the most pointless blog post I have ever read. Hey Tom, why don’t you tell us that Call of Duty isn’t life a real warzone next?

Memorable quotes:

“Real life footballers are actual people.”

NO WAY! I thought they were robots?

“The game is not real life.”

[expletive deleted] IT! I thought my 50k a week contract managing Scunthorpe was legitimate.

“Real life is a hell of a lot more complicated than clicking a button…”

I JUST DON’T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE ANYMORE.

Archived