International Management in FM 12 and possible improvements?

Excuse me for posting 2 threads in a few minutes but I'm curious. International Management has always appealed to me, but its always felt like a kinda shallow experience.

What if any improvements were made in FM12(I'm still playing 11) and what improvements would you like to see?

In FM12 ive only had two saves. One is my current MLS one and the previous one was a experiment with international management. I actually started a save with England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland to see if 1 in the short term I could get any to the euro's and two improve them in the future.

I was able to get England,Ireland & Scotland there but dispite an impressive run after I took over Wales the damage had been done before I took over and I couldnt quite make the playoffs.

I won Euro 2012 with England fairly straight forward. Crushed France in the final even with Joe Hart going down injured early on. Only problem was I had to knock out my Ireland team who won the group of death. Failed to get Scotland out of the group stages after a disappointing opener against Ukraine where I let a 3 goal piggin lead go to draw 3-3.

I enjoyed International management on the game. There are annoying things. For example I get fed up with the press making stories up like im mad for leaving 'player A' out even though hes in the reserves for his club and not playing. That makes no sense. I cant confirm whether this is true but my younger brother who still lives at home with my parents said he did an international save but got sacked because he never went an watched any players play. I therefore have had a mission and a half watching various players all the time for my 4 nations lol! Hes most likely talking garbage but ive gone and watched the players just to be sure. Its not like real life though, I dont believe you get much from viewing potential squad members on the game like you would in real life.

1 annoying thing that I think has been mentioned as a bug on here is how other nations constantly appoint regens with no experience as there manager.

Im tempted in the future to give one of the smaller nations a try. Fair enough it was nice dominating with England (however unrealistic that is) but I got more pleasure from getting Scotland and Ireland to the Euro's, upsetting the big boys and further more nearly taking a nation like Wales to the Euro's.

I cant confirm whether this is true but my younger brother who still lives at home with my parents said he did an international save but got sacked because he never went an watched any players play

I've never been sacked as an international manager for this, and I've never gone to watch players play...

I'm not even sure there are any new changes from FM11-12. Having said that, I didn't play FM11 a lot.

I've managed France U19, Scotland, France and now with Argentina, all while managing at a club. I would be incredibly bored if I wasn't managing a club at the same time as international management is hardly thrilling. I've enjoyed it in previous FMs but this year I have taken a lacklustre approach. I have been enjoying my Argentina reign, only because there are many newgens coming through, but my whole point of international management was to get the Germany job. Of course, the unknown newgen manager gets appointed instead of me.

P.S you don't need to view games.

GOOD! I will never view them again as its incredibley boring as half the time the play I selected to watch does not even get on the pitch.

Knew it was just my younger brother talking out of his you know what.

I usually multitask and take over a national team like you guys while still at my club team. Gets on my news the constant media messages saying can I juggle both.....Ive just won the league and champs league and then the world cup.....and you ask if I can juggle both. Really.....really......reallly!?!?!?

Archived