Highest selling fee for a player

I've been playing FM for many years and what i did notice is with FM12, trying to sell your best players for absurd prices is impossible.

I remember previous FMs you could easily triple or quadruple sell your players market value, but now you can't it seems.

My best sell is 50 million euros for a world class striker who was valued 30 million and it doesn't feel much tbh.

The highest selling fee from FM i can remember was FM09 where Chiellini was sold to Barca for 90 million, all AI doing though.

So i wonder, did anyone notice this too and whats your highest selling fee you received?

God, in FM12 ive not sold anyone for huge money (managing in the MLS most likely has caused this lol!) but on FM11 I sold a player for 50 million if I remember rightly who was worth sooo much more. Was a brazilian regen who could play left or right back and I had got as a youngster for virtually nothing. In a administrative blunder on my part I hadnt noticed when he last negotiated a contract that he'd included a minimum fee of release and Munich came in for him and despite me offering a new contract he left me and my quadruple winning Man City team for them. Gutted!

Selling players for ridiculous fees is definitely harder on FM12 than it is in previous iterations. On FM11 I was selling £25m rated players for £60-80m, but on FM12 I struggled to get £30m for a £23m rated, 28 year old Cesar Azpilicueta who was playing week-in-week-out and getting high average ratings, and was only offered a pathetic £16.5m for a £21.5m rated 27 year old Antoine Griezmann when using my usual offering out methods.

In previous versions it was too easy to sell players for massively over their value, but FM12 sometimes has it too far the other way.

My best in FM 12 is £55m for a regen worth £25m.

This. I got like 10m for Fellaini.

Got offered like £85mil (the fee split up a little bit) for my player on FM11 many many seasons in for my Brazilian ST with 20 finishing, World Class player, But it wasn't the right time as it was Jan and I was competing on all fronts. I sold him instead at end of season for £70mil I think. Then 3 years later I linked up with him again after taking over the club that bought him after achieving all I wanted at my old club after 25(ish) years

Selling players for ridiculous fees is definitely harder on FM12 than it is in previous iterations. On FM11 I was selling £25m rated players for £60-80m, but on FM12 I struggled to get £30m for a £23m rated, 28 year old Cesar Azpilicueta who was playing week-in-week-out and getting high average ratings, and was only offered a pathetic £16.5m for a £21.5m rated 27 year old Antoine Griezmann when using my usual offering out methods.
Barcelona have made no less then 3 bids of £33m in this current transfer window for a 29 year old Azpilicueta who is rated at £16,75m....if I wanted to I could probably get £40m-£50m for him right now, but my two good youngsters are not ready to take over just yet

my record so far on fm12 is selling Mikel San José for £40m to tycoon Genoa, generaly speaking thought, it often make little sense to sell good players while playing as Athletic, so this somewhat limits exploring the extremes on cashing in big money on player sales

It seems i wasn't the only one with this problem, no one has beaten the highest selling mark previously set by FM11.

Kinda let down though, hope they will raise the bar in FM13, transfer fees associated with Ronaldo/Kaka going to Real should be possible again in FM.

I've sold 4 players at £45million and one at £46.5 million, but that's my current record. None were value capped at the time. I have a £35million valued player (bought for £1.6 mil 9 seasons ago, so not based on previous fees) who I think I'd get 60+ for if I was willing to sell.

The world leading transfer was a player I bought though, a £50million left winger. His value has settled at £34.5 million after 6 seasons though. He's on far higher wages than my 35 mil man, which would affect his fee though. (125k a week vs an amazing £35,000 a week for the world's most valuable player, a 26 year old striker/winger with 72 brazil caps and 125 goals in 238 league appearances, including a handfull back in Brazil pre-18. As you can guess, I'm his agent's favourite person in the whole wide world, the agent fees he picks up!)

£32m while at Everton for Aguero, but I turned it down as we were already rich and his goals were more important than the money. The highest fee any team had actually paid for one of my players was £16m for Jack Rodwell.

Whilst at Sunderland i've had teams offering upwards of £15m for a couple of my more talented regen youngsters, but similarly to my time at Everton, we're comfortable financially and don't really need the money, these players are still only 20 and 22 respectively, so i'd much rather hang on to them. It's not like I need money when i'm not actually signing players either haha. The most i've sold a player for is £6m for a regen centre back to Chelsea, who wouldn't stop whinging about not being played and I was glad to see the back of. I'm hoping a team will meet my £8m valuation of my now-30 year old left winger who i'm hoping to sell either this summer or next so I can promote two promising youngsters to the first team.

I got 19m for Marin Olsson from spurs. I was playing as Wigan. Bought him for like 6m in the summer and sold him in Jan. Incredible profit. But yes that was a very rare thing. I think the AI is too careful. There's not enough flops in the game. Where are the Jordan Hendersons, the Aquilanis and Andy Carrols? (my god Liverpool can't spend money).

I would like to see judinging player ability/pot stats dropped significantly in future versions and for adaptability hidden attribute to have more consequences. I've never seen a player become home sick.

Archived