Wondering If Anyone Else.....

.....plays any of the older versions of FM still.

I bought FM12 cos after trying the demo, I loved the changes in it - especially how the contract negotiations work now and the more in-depth chats with the players and the match talks etc. I also love how the game looks in the 3D match view when playing the game also.

But....

I have still got FM11 (I know it's only a year and a half old :D) and have got a good save going for myself in that game and even with the changes made to FM12, I am having a wee bit of trouble getting into that one as I still keep going back to my save on FM11. If I had enough time in the day, everyday, I'd play both :lol:

I just have so much going at the moment in FM11 that I am struggling to get into FM12.

Anyone else the same at all, or is it only me? :D

I still play Football Manager 2011. Can't let it go. Tried to get into Football Manager 2012 but just can't. I played my Fifa Manager 12 more than my Football Manager 2012 and that says something. I really hate the new UI.

I still play Football Manager 2011. Can't let it go. Tried to get into Football Manager 2012 but just can't. I played my Fifa Manager 12 more than my Football Manager 2012 and that says something. I really hate the new UI.

See I'm like this as well (apart from the UI, which I really like).

It's just the "starting again" aspect in FM12 for me I think more than anything because in FM11 I have built up my staff as well as my team and I'm really into it. Then when I get to contract negotiations I'm like "wish they were more like what they are in FM12" :lol:

I'd like to have the two careers going in both games but I just don't have the time for anything like that plus it's just getting into FM12 like I say.

I'm lucky that I only paid £8 for FM12 as they were having a sale at the time on Steam so even if I decide to never play it again I've not wasted much money.

I did regularly keep swapping between games for many years, even in 2011 I still occasionally played FM2007 (I even still played CM01/02 at times!) but since I have got FM12 I simply don't want to go back, not even to FM11!!

Still playing 2010, haven't bothered with 11 or 12 :D

See I had FM10 as well (first one I had ever bought) and got into that but when 11 came out I started that one and got rid of 10 without thinking really. But I have such a good save going on with 11 that I have found it tricky to go from that to 12 for some reason, so really the exact opposite of going from 10 to 11.

I'm sure it would change if I got into 12 more though and would probably end up not going back to 11 BUT it's just that "getting in to it" part that I can't get in to :lol:

Just gets pretty addictive when you're into a good save :D

Still have a save going on FM11 that I keep going back to. It's hard to start again in a new version when you are having fun with your old save.

Exactly what I was getting at :D

Tricky to let go when a good save is going on.

Good to see I'm not the only one though :D

I'm still playing 09. Maybe when I feel I've mastered it I'll move up to whatever the latest version is, but being American keeping current on rosters and who the latest wonderkids are isn't such a big deal. Plus since I'm usually not exposed to the game, I know things like when I'm going through scouting reports and it says Michael Mancienne is interested in my QPR team in the Championship, I know that's definitely to be looked into. On later versions I'd need to relearn whose quality and who is not sometimes. The new graphics look sweet though.

I had FM 09,10 & 11 up until I had to be hospitalised recently (for a non FM reason btw ;)) I have now given them to the local charity shop so perhaps someone else can get the enjoyment out of the games that I got.

The thing is I never thought twice about going from FM10 to FM11 and didn't have trouble with moving on so to speak either. I do think that 11 is a lot better than 10 which obviously helped and with 10 being my first one it took me so long to get going with it all 11 was out by the time I got used to it & knowing what I was doing :D

Archived