Left Footer always shoots with right

I have a left footed AMR who i play as an IF so that he can cut in and hit it with his left, he has 17 finishing and 15 compusure and does get goals. However i have noticed that many of the chances he gets he hits with his right. to be honest he hits 90% of his shots with his right foot. Why? surely someone who favours their left foot and is playing under the instrution to cut inside would use that favoured foot?

I do have this issue a lot as well, and think it's partially down to the match engine as well as the player's attributes. For example, my striker's running in at a slight angle on the right side of the goal. He's also right-footed. 9 times out of 10 IRL, the striker will use his stronger foot and aim across the goal to score, especially at the top level. In FM, it's 50-50 as to whether he does that, or uses his weak left foot to try and score at the near post and fails miserably.

Trying to teach him to avoid using his weaker foot will hopefully help this issue though,don't know why I never thought of it before.

There are definitely faults with the match engine in regards to this. Players in FM, regardless of PPMs or decision making or other attributes are way too eager to shoot with their weaker foot, especially from outside the box. In real life, almost no one shoots from 25 yards+ with their weaker foot with any regularity.

Archived