Fellaini's wages!!!!

My god that cant be right can it? I'm on my second season of cash strapped Everton and I just noticed his wages have gone up by 10k because he has a yearly wage rise of 15% on top of his 70k a week contract. The contract runs out in 2016!!! god knows how much he will earn in his final year. Had to sell the slow poke for a measly 10m to PSG. I'm a real scrooge when it comes to wages but this is ridiculous. The management of Everton in RL is a joke.

actually.. the management of everton has been superb over the years... and still is..

they manage the club on a shoestring budget and are one of only a handful of clubs who's bottom line (profit/loss) doesn't run into massive losses.

fellaini is probably evertons biggest asset in financial terms (arguably rodwell, baines etc) and his wages are huge compared to the rest of the squad thats for sure...

you could have just tried offering him a new deal? without the wage rise?

Then i'd have to pay him a huge loyalty bonus and a big pay off for his agent and he may not even accept lower wage. Fellaini is a big mistake. They should of just cut their losses and let him go even if it meant taking a loss. Oh and to add insult to injury The belgian club gets 15% of the fee (as if 15m wasn't enough). Fellaini is good but come off it he aint world class.

My god that cant be right can it? I'm on my second season of cash strapped Everton and I just noticed his wages have gone up by 10k because he has a yearly wage rise of 15% on top of his 70k a week contract. The contract runs out in 2016!!! god knows how much he will earn in his final year. Had to sell the slow poke for a measly 10m to PSG. I'm a real scrooge when it comes to wages but this is ridiculous. The management of Everton in RL is a joke.

"God knows"? Really?

£70k rising 15% per year until 2016 will be £70,000*(1.15)^4 (that is, the wage will rise in 2012, 13, 14 and 15) giving him a wage in the final year of £122,430 per week. Congrats, offer him new contract with slightly higher wages, but no increase per year or sell him.

"God knows"? Really?

£70k rising 15% per year until 2016 will be £70,000*(1.15)^4 (that is, the wage will rise in 2012, 13, 14 and 15) giving him a wage in the final year of £122,430 per week. Congrats, offer him new contract with slightly higher wages, but no increase per year or sell him.

Depends whether the 15% is simple or compounding.

Archived