Game won't update to 12.2.2

How do I get the latest update to install? I have set steam to update the game when there are updates available but mine is still sitting at 12.2.0. I restarted Steam, tried verification yet the game still won't update and neither will the editor.

I only noticed this today as I have been playing Football Manager 2011 lately and not Football Manager 2012 but I want to play it now.

12.2.0 is the latest database but 12.2.2 is the latest game version.

Okay got a bit confused. It seemed odd. One other question. How come when I verify the files again Steam downloads a 40mb download each time?

Ah. Maybe that's it. One last irritation before it drives me mad. Why does the Editor 2012 keep crashing every time I exit it?

I never had this problem with the Editor for Football Manager 2011 so why does the Editor for Football Manager 2012 keep crashing on exit?

I validated the files and it said 14 failed so I have downloaded those files again but the Editor 2012 still has an issue. It only crashes when I edit data, save then exit. I don't understand that one.

I am checking my Football Manager 2011 and trying to get to the exact date it crashed. I had 4 managers so I have resigned from the other 3. I had a backup to try with.

I may need to check but this Nvidia beta driver is causing issues with certain games now. I am planning to get more memory, a new backup hardrive and a new graphic card. I have a very good card right now and 8gigs memory.

Archived