Upgrading to wonderkid?

I'm playing on my Liverpool save and I've got two players who are real people in the game, Jonjo Shelvey and Jack Robinson, who start out as a promising midfielder and promising fullback respectively. I'm currently in the February of my second season and I've noticed that both of them have had their descriptions changed to wonderkid. In the first season they only played League/FA cup matches or as subs when the opposition were beaten, in the second season Shelvey has played 21 matches altogether and Robinson 19 I think. I was wondering if it was because I've constantly had them tutored by older players or the individual training schedules I set up for every player?

I was always wondering if people have had young players become a wonderkid when they aren't listed as one at the beginning?

It means their CA has improved, probably as a result of training. I can't remember what level it needs to reach but as soon as they hit it whilst being under 21 their description will become wonderkid.

Its a strange one, wonderkid seems to get dished out quite easily in the game, neither of those two players turn out to be world class, not even close really but then i guess wonderkid does get thrown around quite a lot in football for any kid that shows an ounce of talent.

Wonderkid gets assigned mostly based on reputation. No regens will start out as wonderkid, but people tend to get that status if they play senior matches and perform well at a young age.

Just to clearify, being a wonderkid has nothing to do with how good the player will turn out. It just means they perform well early

Wonderkid gets assigned mostly based on reputation. No regens will start out as wonderkid, but people tend to get that status if they play senior matches and perform well at a young age.

I did mean it being directed towards real life young players, only because a lot of the regens in this game can start with insane stats anyway. Especially from Argentina, Brazil

Archived