Player transfer request.

Had the same problem with different players several times now.

A player asks to be transfer listed and i agree to this. A week or so later he will ask to be taken off of the transfer list which i again agree to. However come the end of the transfer window he is angry that i didn't stick to my promise to sell him, but he asked me to take him off of the transfer list???

Anyone else had problems with this?

Found this little bug annoying.

For example of my MLS save I signed Ike Opara as a 20year (ish) old centre back to my Seattle team. Squad status rotation. He started off sub so I wasnt totally surprised after 8 ish games when he wanted a private chat to say he wants to move away. Although I did think he was being a bit impatient especially as I regard him as a huge prospect the options within these silly private chats are very limited. I can basically say yes im a big whimp and ill put you straight in the team making me look weak and prob angering the other players or I can say you can go now, next window or end of the season.

Now for the record I had no intention of selling my player and wanted to resolve it with him hoping over the course of the season his CA would surpass the average player ahead of him in the team leaving him free to fully replace him and continue his developement. However through fear he would really get a big moan on I slipped in maybe rather unfairly and played him constently until the end of the season, 26 games to be exact. He did play superbly and I even got him to agree a new contract BUT he still says he wants first team football and is unhappy. He just played 26 1st team games in a row and he wants more first team football? WTF! An we won the triple in the MLS.Sheeesh no pleasing some players.

I was playing as Everton and needed to reduce the wage bill which was out of control. We were like 8m in the red aswell. I told Neville, who hadnt played a single game all season, he was transfer listed to reduce the wage bill. He agreed saying it was for the good of the club. I then asked him if he would mutually terminate the contract to which he had a hissy fit over. I then offered him to clubs for free to which he would end up moving to at the end of the season but why not just terminate the damn contract?

Suppose in his mind he would be losing out on guarenteed money regardless what situation the clubs in. Does not seem to be a happy medium. They either go crazy and suck up to hugely ive noticed.

Had the same problem with different players several times now.

A player asks to be transfer listed and i agree to this. A week or so later he will ask to be taken off of the transfer list which i again agree to. However come the end of the transfer window he is angry that i didn't stick to my promise to sell him, but he asked me to take him off of the transfer list???

Anyone else had problems with this?

Get this all the time. The fact that it's REALLY TOUGH to sell off players anyway makes it worse.

I have a player atm, who I loaned out when he put a request in. He asked to be taken off while out on loan and I accepted. Now he's back he's still transfer listed by request.

I guess if I keep playing him he will ask again?

Once they start screwing you about you need to get rid!

I tend to play them when I want to & let them get on with their moaning, transfer requests, etc.

You're right for the most part but problem was i accepted all offers for him, he turned them all down and said i'd gone back on my promise to sell him but i couldn't of done anymore. A bit of work needs to be done in this area i think. The player should understand that i can't do anymore than accept all the offers for him, its up to him to agree terms.

Archived