Football Manager and Real Life experiences

Gentlemen,

Well with this new book coming out about the Obession of Football Manager, just wanted to throw it out there and ask a few if its ever prompted you to do something that you never normally would.

The reason im putting this out there is Next week im off to Stade Rennais to watch the season opener at The Rue De Llorient against Lyon.

Now I'm not some huge superfan of Rennais, I do casually look out for there results, but more than anything im going because they once took a chance on me when I started my first ever journeyman game a few years back, after a French Cup win I moved, but from then on I've always looked out for them and there results in real life.

So for this reason, and pretty much this reason alone (I do love football and will watch any team of any level) im off to France next weekend for a big opening day against Lyon.

Anyone else ever done this sort of thing?

I do remember reading somewhere that a couple of lads went over to Holland to a small club, and they had a blast of a time, but just wondering on here the FM community if anyone else had done this sort of thing?

Would be awsome to read a few of your stories!

I went to watch England against Slovenia at Wembley.

Midway through the match I realised that I only really liked Upson of the England team, whereas I liked several of the Slovenia side due to their antics on FM. I switched to supporting them.

I certainly make a point to watch Torquay every time they're on TV in the states (about once every two years) due to my love of them on FM. I know when I went to the World Cup in Germany a lot of Europeans were impressed that an American kid had such an impressive knowledge of European footballers. That was largely due to being a huge fan, but I know FM helped me out too.

Went to New York see the Trophée des Champions last week between Lyon and Montpellier. Lyon was my first football manager venture, so I thought I'd pay my homage. :lol:

Cool man, what was the result? Montpellier will struggle to match last seasons achievements.

Archived