I need another Carrick

Thiago Thiago Thiago. You can get him on loan from Barca for free and he usually gets annoyed with Barca so you can sign him at the end of the season for something like 17mil

He's nothing like Carrick.

Obi Mikel has great stats for that role. Can normally pick him up for £5 mil ish plus he's only 24 at the start of the game so time is on his side.

He signed for Juventus unfortunately, rejected me :(

yeah his reputation will have been upped plus he will have the 'recently joined club' issue so probably best looking elsewhere. I'd say get your best scout and get him to scout Europe for MC with at least 15 positioning, 15 passing, 15 tackling and stamina 15 with maximum age of 24 and see what he comes back with. Could take a few months but like you said your thinking of the future so shouldn't be a problem waiting to see what he can find.

yeah his reputation will have been upped plus he will have the 'recently joined club' issue so probably best looking elsewhere. I'd say get your best scout and get him to scout Europe for MC with at least 15 positioning, 15 passing, 15 tackling and stamina 15 with maximum age of 24 and see what he comes back with. Could take a few months but like you said your thinking of the future so shouldn't be a problem waiting to see what he can find.

Sent Martin Ferguson off to central Europe to find me the next Scholes. He better deliver the goods. Thanks for your replies.

Andrea Poli?

Just been offered him by his agent, gonna scout him. Looks good though.

I tried to sign Carrick on my Aston Villa save. He didn't want to move and now he's too old and slow to bother.

I signed Jack Rodwell who seems to be a solid DM/CM, a good replacement for the ageing Stiliyan Petrov. Other than that, it might just be worth keeping Carrick for a couple of years until a good regen comes along.

Cleverley could be a good choice just train him to up his tackling.

Have you seen this done before? I'm a big fan of Cleverley.

Joe Allen: very inexpensive, similar type of player, handles pressure well, young, homegrown... though if you're a United fan, you might not want to sign someone who is about to move to Liverpool IRL.

Joe Allen is quality. Swansea want near enough £28m for him at the moment. Will check back at the end of the season.

Have you seen this done before? I'm a big fan of Cleverley.

I've seen Cleverley become a quality midfielder, I don't know what his tackling is off the top of my head and what Carrick's is.

If Liverpool struggle then Lucas could be available.

Bertolacci. Can usually arrange to get him on a free after the first season if you put in a good bid in january.

I second this, he moved to Villarreal on my save in 2014 and has been quality there since day 1. I've tried to sign him for Fiorentina despite him now being 35, but Villarreal won't let him go - he's that good. Definitely in the Carrick mould too.

Kdadwo Asamoah, Romulo, Sandro, Etienne Capoue, Armin Bacinovic, Casemiro, Fernando

Few that haven't been mentioned

I agree with Asamoah, I signed him in my Man U save. I also trained Javi Martinez to be somewhat like Carrick, and two are rotating the position. Asamoah was much cheaper though.

Both my suggestions have already been said, but...

Andrea Poli or Kwadwo Asamoah for me.

Or try to get Aaron Ramsey off Arsenal maybe? He's awesome as MC (DLP) in my Arsenal save with Poli as his back up.

Archived