Highest fee you have paid for.....

Mario Gotze.......Mine was over £100 million at the start of my third season at utd. Seems a joke to be honest. I know how good he is etc etc but still, Ronaldo was £80million and Kaka was £56million so a big 'what the fudge' to how negotiations work on FM lol.

In general too, whats the most you have actually paid for a player? Mine was actually Sergio Aguero in the 1st season at Barca in January, £192 million. Villa broke a leg, Sanchez broke his tailbone and my youngsters just couldnt score, Afellay was useless so I bought him in. His goalscoring record in the league is - 107 games - 145 goals avg rating of 8.5. Messi is a little behind him but Aguero is an AFA but Messi is TRQ so yeah, worth every penny I'd say!

Don't you think its excessive? I guess if yor rich it don't matter so much! I just think the pricing on FM is silly

AI asks for stupid price because they don't want to sell and user paid that price........hmmm.

You only have yourself to blame tbh.

70 million for Neymar.

pricing on FM is silly. i just tried to get Neymar Lucas Moura and Ganso at the end of the first season.

quoted £103m for neymar

and 51-53 each for Moura and Ganso O.O, the teams in real life don't really want to seel them, but they usualy take 20-30, FM you got over 50 players at 100+ million.

so i spent 19.5 on Muniain instead

yet the AI can magically buy said overpriced players for 20 million >.>

£45mil for a German newgen for my Dortmund save. Can't believe I paid that but I chased him for 3 seasons and Stuttgart wouldn't accept anything below £60mil. Then my bid was suddenly accepted and I just went with it. Cost heaps as hes the best German defender and from a club in the same league.

I could have got him for £4mil when he was a youth too. I always make a large profit from sales so made it less harsh.

Now I generally don't buy players as I have my youth academy replacing declining players. If an amazing German appears though I will invest up to a max of £15mil.

£22.5M for Hugo Lloris in the 2012 Summer transfer window.

The highest I've received was £35M from Manchester City for Pedro.

There was one save in 2007 or 2008 that I splashed my entire transfer budget, about £130M, on some scrub player. I just wanted to see how the club used the cash and if they reinvested it in quality players or not. They didn't

I paid £55 million for Gotze in my current save the most I have paid for a player was £33 million but he didn't really impress so I sold him on for £25 million plus 50 percent of any future transfer. I did manage to sell a player for £100 million once but on FM12 my highest sale is only £45 million all up front.

In the last two editions of FM, I've not paid over £17.75m for a single player, iirc.

Sold a LB in the late 2020's on FM11 for a personal record £80m, though, and had a handful of players sold for between £50-70m during that save, too. Selling at around 28 years old seems to be the key for maximum return.

On FM11 I had a quick go as Arsenal when my Chester go crashed, in the first season I sold all 3 keepers and went for Neuer. My bid of £15million was rejected so I asked the board to do the transfer for me, they spent £39million and gave him a £150,000pw contract!!!!! Left me with no budget at all. A couple of seasons later I bought Chiellini for £52million.

Regarding Gotze, got him for £11million, amazed you lot spend so much on him unless your talking about the new game and his reputation is higher.

AI asks for stupid price because they don't want to sell and user paid that price........hmmm.

You only have yourself to blame tbh.

So what do I do? Buy a regen with a sack of potential and have continous issues because he isnt good enough? You cant negotiate on the damn game so your left with no choice really.

So what do I do? Buy a regen with a sack of potential and have continous issues because he isnt good enough? You cant negotiate on the damn game so your left with no choice really.

You can negotiate, you can also use the media options to try to unsettle the player, you can try to sign him nearer the end of his contract when his price will drop a bit.

It takes time to sign a good player, Real Madrid chased Ronaldo for over two years in real life.

Users like yourself need to understand that not every player is available to be signed and that if you want something you need to put some effort in. If Gotze was your player and a club bid £20m? £30m? £40m? what would you do?

The thing about prices being unrealistic is maybe that player power isn't really in force in the game. I recently wanted to buy Jovetic after his Fiorentina side got relegated in the first season. He was listed by request, I praised him etc etc, and he 'hoped' I would make a bid. Now his asking price was £24m I think, and I wanted to get him for about £16-18m, but I could not for love or money get them to negotiate any lower than £22.5m, and when they rejected my bids Jovetic was getting more and more upset about it.

In real life he and his agent would be putting pressure on the club to let him go at this stage, and as the only club interested I could easily have got him for under £20m lets say. But in FM they stuck to their guns, and as soon as the season started he forgot all about his unhappiness and won Serie B easily. Chance gone.

The most I've ever paid in FM was £18 million for Steven Defour in FM10. He was rubbish, so I tend to aim for cheaper deals.

In FM12 my record is £12 million for Gylfi Sigurdsson. In my current save its £10 million for Cristaldo.

I am actually trying to buy him now - have had a £30m bid turned down and they want £66m for him - have gone back with a £35m bid so I will see what happens after my match finishes - i will let you all know.

Most I have paid is 62million for Gotze. At the time he was probably the best player in his position (that would come to my club) so worth it i reckon. Transfer prices do get a bit ridiculous. Just out of interest I made a bid for Messi and Barca wanted 212 million pounds for him.

As a rule I never really spend mega money on players. Sounds backwards but for example if the board give me 10million I refuse to spend it all on 1 player.

However the only time I have spent mega £ was on FM11 after Id won everything I could win with Man City, signed loads of excellant youthful players with high PA and had a whole load of cash just sitting there burning a hole in my pocket. So 1 season spent £50m on Fabregas from Arsenal then the next season bought a 29year old Ronaldo for 110m.

Fabregas was an utter flop but for some reason the formation I use to use never produced decent performances from Central midfielders no matter what I tried. Ronaldo how ever wouldve been a gamble at that price normally. At 29 years old hes at his peak but i'd won everything and nobody could compete with us, so why not totally end the world of football by buying one of the 2 best players in the game. (for not even all my budget either!). He utterly dominated and scored over 45 goals.

FM pricing is not silly, AI teams just don't want to sell so they ask for inflated fees.

FMers who pay those inflated fees are silly.

The most I've paid in this game is about £27m for Hamsik. I desperately needed some quality in my team right away so also picked up Hulk for £22m. Other than that I just buy regen youngsters with at least 4 star potential. Putting in a little time and effort to look for and develop youngsters can go a long way.

A couple of my youngsters have broken into the first team already and are destined for greatness, meaning I can gradually sell my senior players and bring in more youngsters on the cheap. It's like a conveyor belt system which generates so much income for the club.

I am actually trying to buy him now - have had a £30m bid turned down and they want £66m for him - have gone back with a £35m bid so I will see what happens after my match finishes - i will let you all know.

Negotiated them down from £66m to £47.5m but his wage demands and his agent are making the contract negotiations almost impossible.

My record on my current save is £7.5m although im in Scotland so thats a huge fee, was for Danny Goodchild who was playing for Hibs to my Rangers side. He never broke into my first team after i brought through 2 youth defenders that season, 1 defender now my captain and the other was sold to Porto for £9m wasnt even CL quality in my opinion. As for Goodchild, he was sold a season later after 4 games for £1.6m to Blackburn. Im stubborn in selling players which makes up to the AI over pricing me, but im also stubborn on high wages not playing.

I paid £44.5million for Phil Jones on my Aston Villa save, at the start of the 5th season.

I know what you're thinking; that's a ridiculous price for a defender. But i'm playing a small database with only the English leagues loaded. I tried to sign a few other players but couldn't get any to sign for reasonable prices. Stoke wanted over £20million (After negotiations) for Shawcross for example... I thought if i'm going to be spending a lot, I may aswell get the best. It just so happened that Jones was the best homegrown player. Most of the fee was in installments so i'm good :D

My second biggest was around £16.5million for ter Stegen (Can't remember whether it was January of my second season, or summer at the start of my 3rd season). Again, it seems like a lot but at the time I was desperate for a keeper.

I've just forked out £22M for a regen AMC who I turned down the option of buying at 17 for 800k as at the time I had ran out of budget and couldn't shift much and then he played really well and I still didn't pay for him. His value rose and finally at 22 I got him. He is superb and I'm annoyed I paid so much but in my save there is a ridiculous lack of decent Spanish regens (all the real players are super expensive and well set into their clubs) and I just about scraped the quota for the Champions League last season. I think he'll be worth it but I hope that my last big signing

Archived