Individual training focus

how do you guys determine what individual training to give each player, i usually let my ass man do it but i want to do it myself in this save for some reason......

is it logical to look at coach report and look in at the weakness report such as player x is poor at marking then give him extra training in marking?

also if a player is regarded as having no weakness in his position, should i leave it as none so he spends more time on his normal training schedule?

thanks for any help, much appreciated

It depends on your strategy really. Having certain weaknesses may not mean anything for the position/role you use the player in. If a player lack important attributes for the job he is supposed to do, I use training focus to try to fix it. A few examples:

-My young DC with 16-20 in all important stats except jumping. It started on 9 and is now 12, a year and a half later. Still not very good, but it's steadily improving

-My wonderkid striker had excellent attributes all over, but a finishing on 13. After two years with finishing as focus his finishing is now 17.

In addition to that I often follow the coach advice when I feel it makes sense (No Coach, I don't want to set my DCs focus to long shots..)

I use the function that highlights key attributes for the particular position and role the player usually play in. The lowest of these is what I usually put extra training effort into. But it is allowed to use your brain too - if there is for example a rather low physical attribute that is clearly detrimental to the players' efforts, I give him extra training in that area. Low stamina is a fairly common one. And adjust for playing style. If your team plays tiki-taka with the ball rarely leaving the ground much, heading and jumping are not important for any player, except central DC's. And so on.

Sometimes i use it to make up for deficiencies in some areas by vastly improving others. Say defender with 10 accel & pace, but 16 positioning, use it to try and get their positioning up to 20. I like to make some players fantastic in specific areas so they all offer me something different.

The factors I consider are age and position. For example, a young midfielder needs to get used to the rigors of the game by gaining in Stamina. An old striker may already have the needed attributes and experience for the position and maybe just needs a bit of Composure.

Archived