Any reason why this guy hasn't scored ......

Maybe he didn't have that many opportunities, he is one footed, which limits how many free kicks around the area are a good chance for him. Free Kick taking also takes into account crossing free kicks, I don't expect someone with high Free Kick taking and mediocre Long Shots to be David Beckham.

True I must admit (as he's my main free kick taker atm) when he has a deep fk to take in the channel he nearly ALWAYS seems to whip a wicked ball in (which my strikers rarely finish due to me preferring to play with a small trequarista up front) but that is probably where you are right, ok I'll see if i can train up his long shots I have Paul Scholes (my youth coach) teaching him how to hit long shots too (ppm).

Yeah but surley a close range (just outside of the box) fk shouldn't be a problem he has 18 for free kick taking and 14 for composure, not exactly bad stats but zero goals from fk's ???

Scoring direct FKs is fairly rare, check the league stats and you'll see teams only score around 5/6 at most during the season.

You also find that just looking at attributes in FM doesn't tell the full story, in FM10 I had a good FK taker who never scored compared to a DL who scored 4/5 a season despite having much worse attributes.

I think the most ever in one EPL season is 5, by David Beckham, 2000-01 season. C. Ronaldo only ever scored 4 in one season, even though it seemed a lot more.

EPL career totals:

David Beckham played 264/5?, scored 19 freekicks

C.Ronaldo played 196, scored 11 freekicks.

Your newgen isn't near their quality, and maybe PPMs would have an affect. Eg. I've found in previous FMs 'Curls Ball' works wonders. Also, it could be the current FM issue, I found I scored the most in FM10.

Having said that, I score 1-4 a season, without having a pure freekick taker. Try focus training composure to see if that increases his conversion rate. I have noticed some players with great attributes for FK taking just sky the ball or curve it too wide, whereas certain players with average attributes can have a better conversion rate. Not sure how many attriburs and hidden attriburs go into the equation, so something might be lacking with your lad. Try some other players for a bit too.

Yeah I suppose you guys are right It just seems he ALWAYS hits the wall with every Direct free kick that he SHOOTS from. these are the PPM's I've Given him/Trained him to do (obviously I was targeting his free kick and passing ability with these).

http://imageshack.us/f/42/37635644.jpg/

Hits freekicks with power could be your issue. I know in previous FMs this PPM wasn't very useful, but would result in an amazing 35-40yarder freekick maybe once every couple of seasons. It's most likely fixed by now though.

Having said that, he will hit the wall more often with this PPM when shooting close range. Normally will result in him power driving it into the wall instead of curving it around or over. If you somehow come across a player with similar freekick attributes and the PPM 'Curls ball', compare the conversion results.

A shame you can't set freekick takers for certain areas of the pitch, as your newgen may not be the best for close range DFKs.

picchi2.jpg

I'm not sure why but this guy has scored 4 or 5 freekicks every season for 4 or 5 seasons now. I forgot to add my freekick takers and he scored a cracking one so I let him carry on taking them.

Could you list his PPMs?

Yeah I suppose you guys are right It just seems he ALWAYS hits the wall with every Direct free kick that he SHOOTS from. these are the PPM's I've Given him/Trained him to do (obviously I was targeting his free kick and passing ability with these).

http://imageshack.us/f/42/37635644.jpg/

Hits free kicks with power is definitely a PPM you don't want if you want him to score close range free kicks.

Yes Hits Free Kick With Power is virtually a guarantee that he won't score on free-kicks. In FM11 it was a necessity, but in FM12 it is a liability. Most of my free-kick goals come from curled shots from short range, right-footed to the right and left-footed to the left. Inverted happen but are rarer.

Archived